We had so much fun running a half marathon together. It was the first race since I broke my hip! Speed wasn't even a consideration, in this case it was all about the company and the experience! My friend Hiroko was looking to PR and we did it as a team. Great race.
 I went home last week. The past few months have been a bit of a shitshow. My uncle has a very advanced and aggressive type of cancer, my mom just had a stroke, my close friend, Jyoti, from yoga school passed away, and various friends are in different stages of hurting. I needed to see my people, so I went home for 4 days without the kids or Nate. It was perfect. Time with friends, time with family, two rounds of golf.......and a lot of tears when leaving. I'm not good at saying goodbye ~ its different now as you start to realize that your life really is different, that you really live far away, that you miss your family more than you know. I wouldn't trade our lifestyle out here for the world, but man is going home hard.
 My amazing, beautiful Mom. Thank god the two strokes she suffered were tiny and left her with no side effects.
 Coming home always is wonderful. Nate went all out making me ribs and twice baked potatoes and had signs up everywhere. It's so good to feel loved.
My sweet early morning girl. Auggie is awesome, she's the easiest dog ever!

Life is.....rolling along?  I can't even believe that it has almost been 11 months since our move. Uprooting your family and moving across the country is HARD. Last summer is a bit of a blur. The first 6 months were like a party ~ meeting new people, finding new restaurants, becoming a skiing and mountain biking family, learning where everything is. The second six months have actually been harder, in some ways, as the novelty wears off and you learn more about the reality of living across the country from family and friends.


Comments

Popular Posts