January Changes.

Some changes coming in January. I've given up Facebook. I just came to realize that it wasn't good for me anymore. So, facebook is out. I've also come to realize that I've been exercising too much again. So, the gym is off limits in January unless it is for a yoga class. I'm also going to be updating this blog daily, mostly relating to yoga. I'm also going to be making some dietary changes and changes in my spiritual practice in the coming year. Life is going to be slowing down a little. More focus on cooking, on being at home, on reading, on meditating, on practicing gratitude. The holidays are wonderful and its always so much fun celebrating with a million fun events ~ but at the end of the day I really am a creature of habit and all of the celebrating, the rich food, the late nights always leaves me feeling depleted right about now~ physically, emotionally, etc. So, I simplify for January. I'm saying no to a lot of things, which is okay, and its a way of honoring myself and my needs right now. The only thing that I'm saying YES to is a more intense commitment to the Food Cupboard. In addition to my work with the marketing committee I've taken on two shifts a week there beginning in January. There hasn't been enough service in my life and now that I (finally!) have the ability to do it without having to hire sitters I am excited to become even more involved with an organization that I feel passionate about.

Yoga is going really, really well. Teaching is becoming way more natural, and I'm getting more and more confident each time I do it. We've even set up some practice time where we have the downstairs studio to ourselves and will meet up with a few girls who Sue is mentoring to walk on teaching specific things ~ say, standing poses or seated poses. This has been incredibly helpful. Nate got me an amazing new yoga mat and bag for Christmas and I can't wait to put it to use! I've given myself permission to take a few days off from yoga right now ~ I went on Christmas eve morning, but I am taking off till New years, I think. I'd been practically living there, sometimes doing two classes in a row, really just trying to soak in everything that I can......but I need a little moderation as Nate is off work I took this week to focus on my family. Balance.

It was a truly wonderful Christmas. This year watching the kids and their anticipation and joy was really a treat.....seeing the magic of Christmas through the eyes of your children is one of the joys of parenthood that I hadn't expected and am incredibly grateful for. Tonight we are off with some of our closest friends to see Jersey Boys and have dinner in the city.

Namaste.

Comments

  1. January always has me yearning for calm and moderation. (Of course we also head into crazy work period, so the calm is short before the storm.) I've spent the last few days purging the accumulation of stuff that always seems to creep into the corners of the house when I'm not looking. Reexamining what is important and what to let go of is good for the soul. It's a continual work in progress for me.

    Here's to a new year and new balance, friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Melissa! Glad to read that Yoga is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Melissa! Glad to read that yoga is going well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts