A surprise box of homemade garden goodness arrived from a good friend back home. We have been enjoying everything on toast every day! I'm hooked on this delicious seed bread and crave it every morning with either eggs or a banana and chia and protein powder smoothie. Ususally I eat it with peanut or almond butter but this week its been all about fresh jam!
 Soccer practice this week. I feel like I live in a perpetual state of wonder out here. Everywhere you look there is beauty to be seen, from the tiniest of wildflowers to the animals everywhere to the constant (and constantly changing) majesty of the front range. The skies are amazing and the weather simply can't be beat. Apparently we are having an unseasonably warm fall, which is great by me! We saw snow very briefly one morning, but otherwise it's generally around 75 during the day and varying degrees of chilly at night. We haven't yet had to turn on the heat as the bright sun warms the house during the day and we get to have fires at night, or just enjoy good sleeping under warm duvets.
 Sunrise on my back deck on Friday morning. After this I got in a weight workout and a dance class. It was a great week of working out Monday-Friday and taking the weekend off. I got a ton of cleaning done, put away a lot of food, hired a cleaning person, and generally worked to get ready for Thursday.
I saw this on FB. Jack o Lantern stuffed peppers. I mean, right? I cooked then froze them so we can have an easy Halloween dinner. That will be the day that my Mom leaves and it's always a hectic night anyway, so having a fast and healthy dinner already made will take all of the stress out of the whole feeding portion of the night.

It was a great week! As Sunday begins I'm feeling fit, healthy, and pretty much on track to pick my Mom up at the airport on Wednesday. I think I've thought of everything….I need to buy some books and magazines for those first few days of being truly bedridden and I think that I will be ready. One more food shopping trip, a run with friends on Monday and Wednesday and weights on Tuesday. A pedicure today, before the big competitive neighborhood pumpkin racing bash. Nate flies out tonight and doesn't come back until I'm literally being prepped for surgery….so that sucks, a little.

I weighed in down another 2 lbs on friday. I feel happy at this weight. I don't know that I need to lose more, really. I'm so far past the point in my life where my weight defines me. I like being strong, I like being happy, I like eating what I want and knowing that who I am is not simply how I look. That said, I like how I look. I feel like the past four weeks of more mindfulness around more weights/less cardio and eating better has helped. I've whittled off 9 lbs and feel back to where I ought to be. I've focused on building muscle in anticipation of being sidelined for a while. I hope that taking that strong feeling into my surgery helps me have an easier recovery and that I'm feeling okay sooner than I might have had I not tried to pull it together a bit before hand. I feel like I have some good and achievable goals for after the surgery ~ I'm going to join for a month at CorePower Yoga, and also start doing the small group training sessions at my gym. This should get me through the snowy months. I'm going to give myself cooking challenges, where I have to make 2 things I've never made before each week. We have a lot of ski trips planned. I'm so excited to experience my first Colorado winter! But first? Surgery.

I will admit that I'm a little nervous. I know in my heart that everything will be okay but just want to get through it and be on the other side.

Comments

Popular Posts