Three weeks out.




I'm three weeks out from surgery as of today!

I can tell you, the first week really sucked. It was much more painful than I had anticipated. The second week was a bit of a transitional week ~ started off still feeling poorly but by the end of the week I was feeling much better. I took my first walk with a friend on Friday morning, and I've continued with the walks each day this week. Yesterday I took a beautiful hike at Roxborough State Park and felt really good. I feel ready to go back to the gym, but I'm nervous to push it too much as I know that I am still healing.

The kids winter sports have started, so that is keeping us busy on the weekends. We are starting to plan our ski trips ~ the mountains are getting pounded with snow today so we remain hopeful that we will be able to ski on Thanksgiving morning at Monarch. We will be spending Thanksgiving in Salida, with good friends of ours. The Saturday after thanksgiving Nate's parents arrive for a visit. One nice thing about living in Colorado is that people love to visit you here!

This Saturday night is the big "star lighting" where they light the giant star atop of Castle Rock.

I'm going to use my one month unlimited pass to CorePower yoga starting as soon as Nate's parents leave. I'm excited to check it out and get back to a daily practice. I'm also going to sign up for a month of small group training at our gym.

I will tell you ~ don't ever plan surgery around a contentious election. Being bedridden and spending too much time on Facebook has completely upped my anxiety. Like everyone, I was shocked at the election results. I continue to be shocked by the crap that I see on FB ~ people posting crazy false information, being downright mean to one another, and all in all not showing the tolerance and love that they are calling for. I've never been more tempted to leave FB entirely than I have been over this past week. I've never felt so uneasy about the future of the country, and I can't believe how divided we as American's are.

I don't really have much to say, I guess. It's been the most restful two/three weeks of my life, filled with Netflix and Amazon prime shows and good books and wonderful meals brought from friends. Rest is hard, but I really feel like that first whole week of mostly bedrest really helped me recover faster than I had anticipated, even though that first week was worse than I anticipated.


Comments

Popular Posts