My brother and I back on the slopes after 20 years! The last time I remember skiing together was in Crested Butte about 20 years ago. It was so much fun as we got to spend much of Friday morning alone on the mountain together ~ and we were shocked when we looked at our phones at dinner Thursday and saw snow forecasted. It turned into a lucky little storm, dumping 12 inches on us through the day.

 They greet you with warm cookies at the end of the day. We got in almost 30,000 vertical feet that day, so I enjoyed a few :)
 First cousins skiing together for the first time! They spent the day in their various ski schools all day Friday and we all skied together on Saturday, before peeling off around 3 to watch the Eagles game together.
Is this a new thing? I was surprised when our mid morning power snack of snickers had words on them a la coke this summer. These two little besties (born 9 months apart) were neither, but it makes me laugh!

 We took a sleigh ride from Bachelor Gulch  up to Zach's Cabin. Heading up the mountain in the silent blanket of fresh snow was magical. The restaurant was amazing (more slippers like the Alpensteuben!) and the ambience couldn't be beat. One of my favorite things about skiing is the utter lack of anything but comfortable clothing. Even in the evenings ~ I laugh at all of us in our various states of undress heading down to the pools and hot tubs every night......its like college again, but we all have kids running around. And we limp. Dear god do we limp. I had the Charcuterie, wedge salad and elk. The elk was very good, but I should have gotten the lamb, it was the definite winner of the evening.
My handsome husband and brother. They are both awesome skiers and it was fun to see them together.

We had some spring skiing conditions on Sunday with temps in the mid 40's on a bluebird day. Sunday night was rough as as soon as we got home I had to turn around and head to work to set up for yesterdays classes...... I taught 4 times between 5 and 9 am. Because of working and then playing catch up on necessities like food shopping and laundry yesterday was a bit of a slog. Today I'm giving myself the morning to rest. The house is quiet, the kids and Nate are off, and I'm going to enjoy some reading, a hot tub, and some class planning for the next few days. It was so so good to spend time with family, I loved seeing the kids have so much with their cousins, and I feel so very lucky to have been able to make this trip happen.

Comments

Popular Posts