Balance.

I went to the 6 am vinyasa flow class on friday morning. Nate got in from Vegas at around 11 on Thursday night, I had texted him to let him know that I would be long asleep but that I was planning on going. I woke at 5 as I need coffee, a sit and internet/wake up, and a good breakfast before any morning work out. I got to the gym around 5:45, did some easy stairs to warm up for 10 minutes, and had a wonderful class.

I was home, cleaning up and drinking more coffee about an hour before anyone else in the house awoke :). Nice morning. My head felt clear and ready for the day.

I took the kids to the gym, read for an hour, and then did lean conditioning amped with Jen. This is the only toning/weights class that I do anymore ~ and it is with 3 lb weights, it is an amazing, non impact workout (akin to pure barre). The kids and I hit the grocery store to pick up food for the evening, and we went home for lunch.

After lunch I put the kids down for naps and went straight into prep for hosting ~ I made caprese skewers, fresh salsa, the addictive cream cheese and hot pepper jelly dip and a veggie plate. Nate was laying on the couch watching the open, it was 3 PM and people werent coming till after 5.......I was prepped, and I realized that I had a quick window to get in a pedi and mani. I ran out and got to finish my book (crying in front of my estetition as I finished my book).....

Raced home at 4:30 to jump in the shower, dress, and pour myself a glass of wine as I put everything out. We had 5 neighbor couples over and about 23 kids, it was supposed to be a lovely evening with the kids playing outside but it was about 100 degrees out and everyone ended up being inside for much of the night. I've never been more grateful to have our basement finished! Everyone stayed later than I anticipated, and didn't clear out of here until almost 11.

This morning we woke up around 8:30, watched the Open while nursing coffee and hit the gym at 10;30. I did a super fun dance party class followed by lean conditioning ~ wich Nate and I did together! It's so much fun to work out together  ~ it happens rarely, and its a great treat to look into the mirror and see my handsome husband by my side :)

After the gym we went home and Nate fed the kids while I headed out for some errands~ picked up some new make up and a lot of fruit for the beach. I scored some ripe avocados so made some guacamole for the party at the Hoffmans. I cleaned up the wreck of our basement from last night and took a shower and it was time to walk over to the party.

The kids had a great time in the pool and on the moonbounce and we ate up heavy ~ walked home around 7:30 and are ready to retire ~ exhausted.

Tomorrow I will pack, its a rest day for me as I've worked out the past 6 days.

Comments

Popular Posts