Picking back up.....and a new slant.

 Jake today. A 41 lb THREE year old, 100% recovered from his crisis. 
And here is our family today ~ also (I think?) recovered. 

I couldn't believe it when I opened this blog and saw that picture of Jake!

Ugh. Its obviously been way too long since I updated this blog! We are recovered, I think. I still have moments where I flash back to that dreaded night, but working with my therapist, and good old time, and seeing Jake happy and healthy have put me back into a good place as far as the kids and I go. I no longer feel panicked and as though my life and our life could slip away at any moment. That is good.

I sent in my registration today to become certified to teach Yoga. I start in September, if all goes according to plan, at The Spirit of Yoga in West Chester. In the past few months I have been working out hard, doing a lot of dancing, and trying to get my head right. I've been mostly successful, but recently I've become aware of some things that I still need to work on. Without going into those issues, I feel like I need something to focus on. Something grounding. Something productive. Something balanced, and healthy. So, in thinking about how I wanted to approach those things, I decided that checking off a bucket list item would be a good place to begin.

I've thought about getting certified numerous times in the past 15 years or so, but for one reason or another its never been right. Suddenly I think its right.

So, here we go. I don't know if this is my fitness blog, or now a yoga blog, or just somewhere to try to keep straight what is going on in my life, but I've decided to pick it back up. I've been working out 5 days a week, doing a mix of lean conditioning (also knows as pure barre), dance party, yoga, and the stairclimber. I've stopped lifting anything heavier than 5 lbs. I'm also eating gluten free, as I am increasingly convinced that I have an intolerance ~ which I have the order to go get bloodwork for, I just need to DO. When I do eat something with wheat I feel awful and have all sorts of belly issues. All of this, combined with some anxiety medication and having Nate finally finished with school, have kept me pretty on track. That said, I'm not quite where I want to be, and have some personal goals that I want to achieve in the coming months before my formal training begins.

Anyway. Here we go. Nate has been in Vegas all week and gets in late tonight. I'm going to treat myself to a 6 AM yoga class, as I'm sure he and the kids will be sleeping in tomorrow. The kids had a long day today at the pool and at a concert at Marshall Sq park. I'm worn out from the heat and headed up to read my book and fall quickly asleep.

We are entertaining a crowd tomorrow night, so its going to be a long day.

Change is always scary ~ but staying in one place is more scary yet. I don't know what's coming, but I'm eager to see where all of this takes me. I want to be the best person I can be ~ for myself, for Nate, for my family......and I'm on a path to get there, one way or another.


Comments

  1. I am so happy to randomly check and see this post. I have kept hoping you would update and I am thrilled for your new yoga instructor adventure. Would love to hear more about what that will entail. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts