Rest.

I'm cuddled up in my bed on a drab and rainy Tuesday afternoon. With me are my new companions, Rodney Lee's "Moving Toward Balance" and B.K.S Iyengar's "Light on Yoga".

I'm really loving the Rodney Lee book. It has inspired me to ensure that I practice 6 days a week.

As I lay in shavasana yesterday in the yoga studio on a Monday morning it hit me how incredibly grateful I am to be able to start my days this way almost every day of the week. Mornings can be hectic, getting everyone fed, dressed, lunches made, etc is a very active start to the day. To then escape to the quiet of my mat, to regain my balance (literally and figuratively) is a blessing. All of my intentions lately have simply been 'gratitude'. I am grateful.

I'm working hard on listening when I am attending classes. Finding phrases that I like, suggestions or cues that I like which I could incorporate into my own teaching. I'm working hard on studying the postures that I don't think that I do right, and learning how to do them better. I'm learning their sanskrit names, trying to become confident is using them interchangeably, even if just in my mind at this point.

I don't know what is going to come of all of this, but I'm enjoying it. I'm enjoying learning so much more about yoga, and I'm enjoying truly feeling really good in my body as I've deepened my yoga practice and layed off some of the heavier cardio and any and all weight work. (I did figure out the shoulder issue, and YES! it was chaturanga, and YES! I was doing it wrong, and thanks to Sue I got things straightened out last Friday). Yesterday I took Stephanies level 2 class at the studio, and today I was in the 75 minute vinyasa flow class at ACAC. Now, I think that my body is telling me that it's time to take a nap, so take a nap I shall.

Comments

Popular Posts