A new year and the same old me.

Hi friends! Happy new year!!

I took the past two? Two and a half? Weeks off of working out. I worked out feverishly the week before Nate's company party (you know, because that week of working out would really change my body, hahahah :)) and then just let it all go. Something always has to give around Christmas, and I always let it be the gym. Today was my first week back after a dizzying array of heavy drinking and eating and late nights and fun, but exhausting and depleting events.

We spent a lovely Christmas with a plethora of family events, fun traditions, and wonderful memories made with friends. We spent another fun NY's in Cape May, and arrived home to a house that feels in shambles, a body that feels beat up, and a mind that feels scattered ~ pretty much par for my course every Jan 3rd or so. I hit the gym today for the first time in the NY today for 60 minutes of stairs and an ab workout, and it felt nice, if much harder than usual!

Today also marks the official start of the refinishing project of our basement (something else stressful ~ but wonderful!!!~ that had been added to the mix these past few weeks, we have been working like crazy people to organize and get rid of the collective mix of the past 5 years of baby things, junk, etc.......) I'm SO excited to see the finished product and also stressed about the ton of decisions that I have yet to make in the coming weeks regarding fixtures, furniture, lighting etc etc. Its a TON of stuff, and while exciting, stressful. In other exciting news, Nate qualified for his sales rewards trip and we are MAUI bound in April for an all expense paid trip sans kids! Neither one of us have ever been to Hawaii before and we can't wait for a getaway together. He only has 8, yes 8 weekends of school left, so the end is imminent at this point.

I don't believe in New Years resolutions ~ but I am changing something up and going back to eating GF. My stomach has simply been NOT/RIGHT. Could it be the heavy drinking and eating? Yeah, it could be. But I feel out of sorts and I remember how good I felt when I was eating that way.....and I'm having some issues with my hair again.......so back to it I go. So. There's that. I'm going to be keeping a better record of what I eat and what my workouts entail to see if I can pinpoint what keeps me feeling well, and what doesn't.

So, thats where I am this Jan 3.


Comments

Popular Posts