Les Mis and some Mis.

So after a big shot at a "health day" with that great work out and some great eats and an early to bed day on the 3rd........we went to see Les Miserables broadway touring cast downtown with friends in Philly on that night. I ate well that day ~ whole oats with nuts, grilled chicken and basmati rice and asparagus for lunch and McCormick & Schmicks for dinner (honestly the last place I felt like eating after so much holidaying......but whatever).....I had cider braised scallops and beef, which was delicious. I think that the scallops would have left me feeling fine, but the Grey goose martini and the Malbec and then the late night left me feeling distinctly terrible on Friday morning.

I felt like I couldn't catch my breath all day. I put on my gym clothes but ended up not even going. I lay in bed all afternoon friday as the kids were at school and Jake sleeping, and ended my day crying and upset at 5:30 when we all got home with our peace of pizza ~ Nate sent me upstairs with my GF pizza and told me to get in bed and relax. I gratefully followed Dr's orders. I swear Christmas, even when you try to keep things simple, can just be way too hard on the body. From the 14th through Jan 4 it felt like one long party/event/SOMETHING, and I don't know that my body can take that kind of revelry.

Saturday I still felt much the same way. I don't know if this is physical or mental ~ I honestly feel like I just couldn't get enough air into my body. We had a lazy morning and headed to the gym. As we are in the throes of resolutioners, I couldn't get onto the stairs like I wanted. I got on a nearby elliptical or some kind of machine for about 15 minutes so I could stalk the stairs but no one got off and I wasn't enjoying my workout, so I got off and headed into the group training area, as it wasn't being used. I decided to put myself through a tabata workout. Using the Stopwatch function on my iPhone, I did one minute bursts of burpees, mountain climbers, bench spring over things (holding on with my hands and jumping my legs/body over), jumprope, jumping jacks etc. I rested 30 seconds in between. It was fun, I haven't done a tababa workout since I broke my hip! I did some abs and then went to lean conditioning, where Nate was supposed to meet me, but he failed to show as he had gotten into a basketball game. I did the class anyway and loved it.

We took down the rest of the Christmas things yesterday (such a depressing job), and then I made a big pot of butternut squash soup and Steve came over for a quite night of soup and football. I can't tell if I'm feeling better or not yet today, but I can tell you I'm sore as hell. Its amazing that just two or three weeks off can take such a tole on your body! Nate is traveling some this week, then gone for a straight week, and now that our house is back to normal I really feel like the routine can commence. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Comments

Popular Posts