Well I danced the morning away yesterday, which was fun. I love love doing the class with my sister, and it just isn't going to be the same once she goes back to (part time) teaching in two weeks. She is SUCH a good dancer, I almost can't believe that we shared a womb! It actually makes me laugh how innately BAD at it I am ~ I have the hardest time making my arms and my legs do wildly different things ~ which is ridiculous, as all of my sports (field hockey, tennis, soccer, swimming, etc etc etc) all relied on my arms and legs doing different things at a different time, and eye/hand coordination was always my strong point. Its so strange to me how much this simply does not translate into any dancing ability for me. Regardless, I love it.

I have been so hungry this week ~ and my hip has been feeling much better with the return of exercise after my 3 week break over the holidays. So grateful. Yesterday I ate some GF granola with coconut milk for breakfast, vegetables and eggs and cheese for lunch, apples and honey peanut butter for a snack, grilled turkey and broccoli and another apple with cheddar slices for dinner, and then 2 bananas before bed as I was hungry again. A bunch more peppercorn chocolate (that damn chocolate is so addictive) and cherries in there somewhere.

Today I'm off to the gym for a 30 min CX works class followed by a 45 minute lean conditioning class.  After yesterdays cardio it sounds perfect. I have resolved to never use more than a 3 lb weight in my workouts again after watching those girls in their HIIT class through the window of my spin class the other day. My body simply does not need it. I tend to carry a lot of muscle naturally, and using heavy weight (or, really, any weight) simply bulks me up in ways I don't like. I need cardio, and stretching/lengthening and simple bodyweight exercises to be my most healthy, I've learned. I feel best when I work out like that, which is why the lean conditioning class (using 3 lb handweights and its dance/barre type moves) is the closest I will come to weight training ever again.

Tonight I have a date (with myself) for shopping at KoP and a movie. I am actually going to a movie alone for the first time in my entire life and I can't wait! :) We are in a babysitter crunch right now, and I was supposed to be going to my good friends husbands 40th birthday. (Alone, as Nate is at school.....and we are in the midst of him being gone for 9 out of 10 days straight) . A huge blowout open bar/rented a bar thing with valet car service etc....and I was going to have to go solo. And you know what? I just can't do it. I can't be the only person there single. And honestly? I just don't feel like going out and getting loaded. I have to come home alone, and be in charge of the kids, and there are a ton of gifts I need to get at the mall, and I just can't do it. So I begged out of the party, and am instead using my sitter to accomplish the things I need to do. And I don't feel guilty about it, I feel great about it. The one thing that I have learned about this school thing is that sometimes I have to say no to things ~ even if the only reason I am saying no is for my own well being. And that that is OKAY, even if it doesn't come naturally to me. So, tonight? A date with myself! I hope I like what I am wearing :)

Comments

  1. Good for you! Enjoy your date with yourself - sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts