Accepted my offer!

I'm almost done.

My offer letter finally arrived yesterday from the Y. I accepted! I went and completed the drug testing today and I am hoping to complete the fingerprinting tonight. I taught a 5:45 class last night that was so much fun. 

Its been yoga, yoga, yoga. Last week I got in 2 classes every day but Friday, last week, as I had a hot date that night with Nate. Saturday was a long day of Kripalu yoga and studying backbends.  Kripalu is fun, very "whatever, man, right on, do what feels right" and "moving meditation", which is a fun way to practice every now and then. It was also a lot of time taken up learning a style of yoga which none of us will ever teach, instead of practicing teaching yoga. This is getting frustrating at this point in the program, but it is what it is. 

Sunday was focused on more Kripalu yoga practice, working through the Niyama of Tapas, and  spending the afternoon focusing on teaching twists of all varieties. 

Yesterday I went to a Level I class in the morning and a Vinyasa flow class at night, today its Vinyasa and a level III class at nap time. This Sunday I have to do my "Practice Practicum". What the heck does that mean? It means that I have an opportunity to practice teaching the one hour beginner/level I class that I have to teach in order to graduate. My actual Practicum is one week later. I need to get cracking on just what exactly I plan to do, but I'm not stressed about it as I feel like I have the basics, its just working out the timing of it all. This week is a chance to do it in its entirety, from the very beginning through that final Namaste bow…..so it should be fun. I feel sure I will be ready by Sunday. I may need to do some Athleta shopping before then, don't you think that that makes sense? Of course  you do. 

What I AM stressed about is my iTunes. It is making me decidedly NON YOGIC right now. I spent two hours trying to figure it out yesterday . Items in play are the brand new Mac Laptop I have, the braid new Mac Computer the kids/all of us got for Christmas, my old laptop, my old desktop, my iPhone, my iPod, and my iGnorance. Also my iMpatience. Its not going well. Did I mention that I also have two different iTunes accounts? One of which is tied to a work email from my Citigroup days? An email address with my MAIDEN name because I didn't bother changing it at work 8+ years ago? And when I left work I wasn't messing much with music and didn't really think much about iTunes…..and that just this morning I was playing with both accounts, entered the wrong password for the iTunes account linked to that email address (it had about 3000 songs on it and all of my new yoga playlists that I had downloaded from CD'S from my mentor….and now I'm locked out of it and unable to retrieve a  new password because I can't access that email address? (That division of Citi has long been sold). So yes, that has been so much yogaliscious fun!!!! Namaste!!! :)

Other than that we are rolling along. Its snowing, surprise! The winter of doom gloom and general never-ending cold just keeps on bringing the hits. I bought daffodils and they are brightening up my kitchen, my bedroom, my everywhere. I need hopeful little glimpses and reminders that YES SPRING WILL COME. The kids are bringing me so much happiness. Julia loves, loves to do yoga with me. Its our new little Mama Daughter bonding ritual recently. I took this photo of us straight out of the shower yesterday to support the Renfrew Centers #barefacedbeauty campaign ~ a reminder that we are all loved just as we are. I hope my sweet daughter never ever loses sight of her inner beauty, of her forever worth and value. I hope that for anyone who reads this, as well. 

It is what is inside of you that makes you beautiful. 

Comments

  1. Congratulations on the job! You will do great. Guest passes are welcome...ahem. And shop for a new outfit to teach in. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fresh faces! <3 I feel you on iTunes. I listen to only Pandora (which is no help for your classes, of course) because it annoys me to no end. Is there any way at all to retrieve the account? Lots of deep breathing for that frustration. Ugh.

    Congrats on finalizing things with the new job and enjoy the new yoga gear. I love getting new workout clothes. Still stuck with the crazy cold here, so I am hanging on to your confidence that spring will arrive eventually. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts