FriYAY


The landscaping project is coming along nicely! The rock wall is built, old sidewalk torn out and replaced with pavers, a path is being built from the front of the house to the back, all of the awful annoying small rocks that used to take up a lot of space in our yard are gone, with sod coming in today to replace them. Plants go in today! Home renovations are annoying and expensive, but knowing that we plan to be here for 10 years absolutely makes it all feel worth it. Having your home feel like it is "yours" is a huge thing psychologically. 

Yesterday was a nice day. I took a the dog for a 90 minute hike to start the day. As I shifted focus over the summer I have cut out running entirely. My little group who runs together 2-3 times a week took a break for the summer as all of us have kids. In the meantime I read about weighted vest workouts in Oxygen magazine. I bought one on Amazon (adjustable, up to 40 lbs) and have been wearing it while I hike. I feel like its helping to keep up my lower body and cardiovascular strength up while I'm sticking to low impact workouts. 

We spent time over at the Miller Activity Complex, where I met a friend to walk stairs (they have a 200 step incline cut into the side of a mountain with a trail down ~ walk up, run down, repeat.) The kids have taken to doing it with me and its a great way to be outside, have an incredible view, and get in a nice low impact workout. After that we did a few back to school errands, then made homemade dough for the sleepover that my kids were having last night ~ individual pizzas!

This morning the Peloton is getting delivered between 9 and 12. They set it up for you (all for the low low fee of $250....but I need it to be right!). One thing about Peloton ~ they say its $1,995 to get........but shipping, assembly, shoes, mat, HR monitor etc.....the final price was $2,800 and you pay a monthly streaming fee of $39. I'm so interested to see what all the hype is about! I don't actually love cycling, but man do I love the small size and the idea of linking into a class from my own home! 

 Nate has been away this week but gets home this afternoon. We have a fairly calm but fun weekend ahead of us and I'm looking forward to it. The weather has absolutely changed a bit out here, its been way more wet than usual and yesterday it was 58 degrees when I pulled up to a meeting at our golf course! Thats CHILLY! Its not the norm at all, but I confess to looking a little longingly at my wool sweaters. Colorado is so crazy in that each season seems to bring its own charms in a way that living in PA never offered. Summer is amazing, hot and sunny, storms will roll in around 4, then clear out by dinner time. Fall was sunny, and warm ~! hell it was 78 when we left for Mexico last October! Last winter was apparently a bit of an anomaly as the weather was ultra dry and warm...but even when it isn't you have the excitement of ski season! Spring is crazy and weird and beautiful as you watch the landscape turn lush green after the desert brown of winter. 

I can't believe that we have a year of living here under our belts! Is it hard being away from family? YES. My parents come out again in September (this will be my moms 4th visit since we moved!) and we are looking forward to that. Being away from friends is hard, but text and phone calls helps keep us all close. Moving has. made our family rely on one another in new ways and has absolutely drawn up closer as a family. We have had the best summer of our lives (after the trauma of early June), and its because we have the time to focus on one another, on quality time, on new experiences. 

Comments

Popular Posts