Seasons

The big walk onto the big yellow bus happened yesterday morning for the first time since late may.

Auggie was bummed. I'm always a mix of emotions at this time of year ~ another summer in the books (too quickly!), new and exciting challenges of the new school year ahead of us. As a Mom I think about how long we have been taking these back to school photos now ~ It's been quite a long time!

Wednesday was one of those perfect days. I met my friend Kim at 6:15 and we drove down. The Broadmoor is absolutely breathtaking. The practice range alone is amazing! The match was so much fun, I shot my low round of the season, the team won, and we played with really kind and fun loving older women. We couldn't stay for lunch as both of us had to get our kids to their meet and greets at school. The kids have great teachers and I'm excited about the year to come.

It was so strange having a quiet house to myself yesterday! I celebrated the return to routine and schedules by having lunch with several of my good friends. As a few of us have kids in their last year of elementary School it was a bit emotional.

 Grilled pork with watercress, nectarines, raspberries, roasted onions and sweet potatoes.

A gorgeous storm came through last night while I was taking Julia to piano ~ awesome!

Today I play at 10. I plan to surprise the kids and meet them at the bus stop with pool stuff. Assuming the weather holds we are having pizza delivered and friends meeting up ~ a fun little first Friday of school. Its so strange having the kids in school and the pool still open ~ yesterday I was walking the dog and saw a Mom with preschoolers leaving, carrying their floats and towels ~ I remember that big relief when those crazy big kids went back to school and we had the ACAC pool to ourselves again :)

Saturday Julia and I are joining new friends to go meet Lexi Thompson! We are so excited, she is Julia's favorite golfer and I'm interested to see what she is like in person.

I thought that returning to school on a Thursday was odd, but its actually kind of nice. They had a couple of days to get their school stuff unpacked, learn to navigate the classroom, meet their new classmates.....and then another touch of summer before the first full week of school.

Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular Posts