Tuesday

Tuesdays = golf.

After a great start to the season I hardly played once in June due to completely falling apart and having to put myself back together.

I'm finally feeling back in the groove and am starting to get the hang of our new course. I've had a lot of fun this summer playing with the kids and watching them compete for the first time. The ladies team is a perfect mix of very competitive and very friendly here, we have a bunch of great golfers and fun women. With the kids going back to school so early its a great opportunity to focus on my game over the course of the next few months. Goals, baby, goals.

I just set up delivery of my Peloton for Friday. The bike itself is delivered and put together for you. You have the option of ordering accessory packs ~ I got the family pack with shoes, water bottles, HR monitors, earbuds, and a mat for under the bike. Seems like one stop shopping? I'm really interested to see how we like it!

We started a huge landscaping/hardscaping project yesterday, so at the moment our entire front yard is ripped apart and in shambles! It's been just over a year since we moved in and we are still very much making this house feel like home. I'm remembering just how long it takes to get everything in your home just the way that you want it. Last year I felt impatient to get everything just "so", after leaving a home that was perfectly imperfect, but "ours". Changing this home from "theirs" to ours has taken a good bit of time ~ we have replaced carpet with wood on the entire first floor, replaced the whole 2nd floor carpet, landscaped, remodeled the mudroom, and still have a decent way to go. The biggest thing will be changing the paint ~ which I admit to dragging my heels on as it seems like a giant pain in the ass! That said I am glad that we waited to paint ~ the light influences absolutely everything out here as the sun is just so intense. It's been nice to live in the house for a while as I try to understand what works and what doesn't out here. Colorado architecture is very different from home!

One thing that has been critical to me during the changes of the last few months has been taking long sunrise walks with the dog. We hike trails near the house for anywhere from 1-2 hours, returning before the kids wake up. I've taken to listening to different walking meditations ~ staring out over the mountains on the crisp cool mornings soothes me and starts my day right every single time. My very favorite ap for meditation is Calm. They have everything from sleep stories to breath work to guided meditations. I can always find something that I want to listen to/something that I need.



We generally hike on the East-West Trail, which is right out our door.  With no humidity, mornings are cool to chilly this time of year. We see mule deer, elk, coyotes, prairie dogs, snakes, and the occasional eagle or falcon. This year bears have been especially prevalent in both our neighborhood and on our golf course ~ on Sunday a bear ran across the course right behind us on the 6th hole!

Its oh so quiet and the views of the rockies are absolutely spectacular.

Comments

Popular Posts