This weekend has made me disheartened.

This past year has burned me out. Having surgery right before the presidential election meant that I was bed bound when the whole shit show went down. Having both very conservative and very liberal friends, my Facebook and social media was a total minefield for a while. I mean, not MY page as I don't think that my individual political views are worth posting about on a social media site....but all around me. It made me feel anxious, frustrated, and hopeless.

My solution was to take a break from FB. I've deleted it off of my phone. I rarely check it. I miss seeing the day to day of far away friends lives, but it has increased my overall well being. This weekend was yet another return to FB drama. I think that America is in a dark time ~ its hard to question that. The market is rocking but is due for a correction at any point. Racism is alive and well. Divisiveness is at an all time high. Our leader is a loose cannon.

I think that the problems all feel TOO BIG, and I've done a bit of putting my head in the sand. I spent more time worrying about what was going on in the White House versus my own house this fall. It's made me withdraw  ~ to really set my eyes upon what is going on in my house and my community. Thinking of things on the national level is too overwhelming. Is this pathetic? Maybe. Is it "giving up", no. Rather than provoke anxiety by looking at a thousand angry memes or " articles" I'm focusing on creating change where I can see it, where I can address it.

Our home is a place where everyone is welcome. Racism will not be tolerated here.

Comments

Popular Posts