WhatSUP?

Have you ever played around with paddle boards? SUPs are riding a wave of popularity out here that is fairly funny given our land locked status. We bought an annual pass to Chatfield Reservoir and have been going fairly often to paddle. I'm thinking about taking a teacher training to get certified in teaching SUP yoga. There is a new reservoir in the process of filling in anticipation of opening next year. SUP's are already approved for the area and I would love to be the first one in on offering sunrise/sunset SUP yoga or the like!

It's super easy to get the hang of, and the advent of inflatable boards that actually are fully functioning means that this is a sport that can be accessible to most anyone ~ no longer need a huge car or truck to enjoy this peaceful method of getting around a lake, ocean or river.

Golf yesterday was great, fun group, beautiful day, and a good round. Gearing up for the club championship in two weeks and the member-member right after that. We have only a week of summer left, which is crazy to me. While the schedule of the school year usually brings me comfort, and it will, this year the lawlessness of summer has been really great. We have been letting the kids stay up late, which means that they sleep in late ~ which means that I have plenty of time to walk/yoga/meditate in the mornings before anyone even wakes up. I've come to treasure these early mornings of quiet, the slow pace of getting moving whenever we want to, and the lack of schedules practices/events/etc. Rather than try to cram a million things into this last week or two before school, I've decided to lay low and just enjoy the lack of schedule and the long days where we can come and go as we please.


Today I have an early morning breakfast with a friend, I'm watching a friends 3 girls, then the kids and I are playing 9 holes in the afternoon. This is all new, as they can now WALK the course, so we take one cart and rotate the "walker" every three holes. The walker is my partner and we play a better ball match against the other two, switching every three holes. It's super fun and I love being out there with these big kids of mine!

Comments

Popular Posts