Day 2 Whole30

 the second half of breakfast, and lunch. I went to 6 am yoga, and I don't like to workout without eating, so I had some sweet potato spears and pumpkin seeds and watermelon before yoga with my cup of black coffee. I came home, fed the kids, made this delicious concoction (chicken sausage, spinach, roasted cherry tomatoes (I had roasted them yesterday), garlic, and hot peppers). I ate some after yoga while I packed up lunch for all of us, then headed back to the gym for pure barre. We had our usual friday meeting of the minds in the cafe for an hour before class, then a nice toning workout with Liz. I showered and changed and met Brooke and Derrick at the pool at 10:45.
 Lunch was the sausage and spinach concoction, and this watermelon salad, with blueberries and fresh mint. It was delicious. 
 Sauteed zucchini with onions and crushed tomatoes. I'm learning to cook bigger than normal (we usually like leftovers, but I need them more urgently right now with many of my usual options like greek yogurt, cheese, rice and peanut butter off of my option list) so that there are plenty of things for me to reuse in different ways. 
Dinner. Fresh yellow tomatoes, sauteed garden squash in a tomato base with garden herbs, and a grilled grass fed burger with hot peppers from the garden. It looked sad, so I added 1/2 of an avodaco, which helped give it some richness. The burger was only okay (I had bought them premade on Thursday at the EG farmers market).....I don't know it Nate overcooked it (they were thin, only 4 oz, I usually prefer them thicker) or if they just needed seasonings that I am used to but could not have (cheese, worchester, etc). Either way, the avocado helped it out a lot. We had a quiet night and watched a funny movie ~ I found myself really hungry around 9 and wanted popcorn so badly (still don't understand the no corn thing, but I'm honoring it.). Instead I had raisins with toasted salted pumpkin seeds, the sweet and salty combo did the trick of curbing my craving and eating about a lb of them curbed my hunger :)

Its really not bad. I like that I can drink coffee, I don't know that I would be making it without that. I DO find myself drinking a ton of water, which I never, ever do. I also find myself abusing the dates rolled in coconut flakes ~ so I'm glad that I finished them off last night and I won't be buying more. Its just another way to get in sugar, even if they are technically Whole30 compliant.

Snacking is discouraged on Whole30, but when doing 2 classes in a day there is simply no way that I am going to cut out snacks. It would not work for my body, so I am actively snacking and feel good about it.

Saturday I saved leftovers of the sausage creation and am planning a frittata for breakfast. Nate gets the morning off to play Bball, then I do a purre barre class and a dance class, then I have the afternoon off. I plan to spend it with Jeannie doing some consignment treasure hunting.

My energy level is excellent, my head feels clear, my moods stable, and I am not feeling hungry or deprived. So far so good.

Comments

Popular Posts