Whole30 Day 7


Breakfast. Peaches, blueberries, almonds, raisins and hemp seed. 

Lunch is not pictured. I went to Jeannies with Jake and met her and Jenny, Emily and Elizabeth for lunch. I had originally said I would bring my own lunch as they know about this plan I'm on. Sweet Jeannie told me she would make pulled chicken over spinach salad and just add tortillas or tortilla chips or cheese to theirs so mine would be compliant. Cool. I was about to tuck into my delicious lunch when I looked down and realized the chicken was filled with corn. (Like, crockpot style just like I make it when I make shredded chicken for burritos, I add corn and black beans). I was about to try to pick around it, and I put my fork down and told her I'm sorry but I can't eat it. I felt like such a shit head. Corn is a grain. So here was this BEAUTIFUL homemade lunch, and I had to turn it down. This is my biggest issue with diets ("diet" in the sense of food choices, not weight loss plans) like this. Anything which prohibits one from eating socially for no reason (i/e an allergy) is something that does not fit into my lifestyle. That said, I did commit to this for 30 days, and if I'm not going to have that glass of wine or bowl of ice cream when I want it, I'm not going to have corn. So, I quickly added a whole avocado and a jalapeno and tomatoes to the spinach salad and made that my meal. It was good, but I was cursing myself for not packing snacks. Must pack snacks. 

Jeannie and I took Henry and Jake for a wonderful afternoon at the PTM. I was really hungry by 3, and went to the cafe. The only thing I could find in the entire restaurant to eat was a banana. Frustrating. 
 Dinner. I tried to grill the eggplant and chicken but after cursing and sweating and almost breaking my hand in half I had to admit that I simply couldn't turn the handle on the gas cylinder on our grill. Instead I improvised ~ broiled the eggplant, which I had brushed generously with olive oil and rubbed with garlic and paprika and salt and pepper. I took a spicy green curry paste and mixed it with water, then cooked the chicken in ghee and the curry and habaneros. Piled that on top of the broiled eggplant ~ and accidentally made a really delicious meal. It really hit the spot.

My dinner date, eating leftover peach and blueberry cobbler. It was SO HARD to not take just a few bites of this after my spicy and savory dinner!!! I had a little bit of that sneaky "no one will know" feeling which is so terrible! I resisted which is good, but I hate that sneaky little part of me ~ does everyone have that? Through day 7 I've maintained 100% strict compliance with this diet, though I've probably been fruit heavy.

I had a great workout Wednesday morning. I did 45 minutes on the stairs then a pure barre class. When I do stairs I do 15 minute intervals ~ level 17, alternating between calorie burning and fat burning settings. Its basically just intervals ~ up and down. Nothing gets me sweating like those stairs, and I love it because I can read while I do it. I spent some time with my foam roller before Jake and I tumbled into my bed for a sleepover at 7:30. I've been getting fabulous sleep, great workouts, good meals and all around feeling well.

Comments

Popular Posts