If rest is good for the soul

This wee man and I are neck and neck.

Because while I may have sat on my butt all day and read half a book on the beach (given to me as a good book read in my current state....also about a mother of three....also recovering from a sudden trauma (though hers was much greater than mine) called Left Neglect, I recommend it), this guy slept till 9 this morning and took a 3 hour nap in the shade in his cave of his jogging stroller on the beach today. Luke made a thousand friends, and I got to tell Julia stories and cuddle in the shade with my little salty sandy mermaid in the shade for an hour. We hit the beach by 11 and didn't leave till 6.

Vacation is settling over us like a dream. I'm off to a hot date, a real one, like get dressed up fine and everything, with my handsome husband. No iPhones allowed, no work, no school, no kids, no nothin. Just us. For the first time in a month, thanks to the big break. And I can't wait.

It was a heavenly, dreamy beach day. And I didn't miss running, even once. It's three weeks tonight since I went to bed with a stress fracture, and woke up in the worst pain of my life. I can't believe how long ago that feels like. Three weeks from now I will be cleared to be off of crutches. I'm halfway home. We also played the crutches card to get table 65 at the best restaurant in Cape May tonight. *doh*. Is playing the crutches card lame? IT's OUR FIRST DATE IN A MONTH! :)

Comments

  1. Hey you! Hope you had a great time on your date and so glad to hear that you are having a great time in CM. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend. It was a great date and a great week in Cape May. Sitting in front of the lifeguard station (aka baby beach) instead of Windsor was strange....but great as it meant less of a walk and some fun autonomy/privacy for the family. Strange and different, but nice. :) I missed you and thought of you lots. You should see Luke and Jules on their boogie boards ~ you would not even recognize these big kids. It's wild. xoxo to you from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts