This precious face


is my date tomorrow. In a "normal" week of vacation, tomorrow would probably be a long run day, as Nate and Luke are taking the boat out for fluke. I would seize opportunity to get in 12 or 14. INSTEAD, my precious girl, who I rarely get dates alone with, and I are going to be pedicuring it up at the spa, and then doing a little 1:1 shopping together. Its her first pedicure. I can't wait. I finished the book today on the beach (which I incorrectly noted in the last post, it was Left Neglected) and it was a good beach read. Not life changing, but I was turning pages quickly.

I had a good, maybe 7 second cry yesterday on the beach. Brooke and Nate were in the water with the kids and I was trying to take photos but it was just too far away and the sand was unstable and I felt nervous and finally Nate came back and helped me walk back up (the, like, 15 yards) to our camp. I had about a 30 second pity party.....then pulled myself into the shade, pulled out my book, thought about the fantastic lunch I had packed everyone, and kicked back. Hard. It was awesome. The kids were thrilled. I was thrilled. Nate was thrilled. Brooke was thrilled. It was great. Later in the day I navigated the wet sand to plunk myself next to Brook declaring it break time as Jake slept for several hours under the umbrella in his stroller......and the kids played happily around us as we read and chatted. Have I mentioned I love Brooke? Could not imagine a better Nanny for us. She is it.

Three weeks ago tonight I was gacked out on pain meds. I don't really remember what exactly was going on. Nate says he brought me some food from Senoras upon my request that I kept trying to eat but I was falling asleep while eating it, like mid forking and whatnot. That does not surprise me, as I don't remember it at all. I can't believe it was three weeks ago.

I admit that I've started placing mental bets on when my first actual run is going to be. I'm thinking maybe August 1 for like a slow jog single mile???? Nice random start date? Probably too soon. That could be months off, I don't know. I do know that my incision, neatly hidden from this blazing beach sun beneath a huge waterproof band aid is sealing up......I have great hope that I can get in the pool upon my return to home ~ I'm really excited to undertake the swimming portion of my recovery. From there to the bike and the elliptical, or some such. I miss stairs.  I'm working hard to put some lbs back on ~ I lost 18 lbs in like 3 weeks as a result of all of this chaos. I'm eating ice cream every night. I didn't need to lose any of them, and I want them back. I'm really trying ~ like, from oysters, to salad, to halibut, to dessert last night, I tried hard :)  I don't have a scale down here, but I can say that for sure I've already seen an uptic in the appetite and in feelings of general wellness, and I can already feel myself creeping back towards normal, towards healthy. This is great, great news.

Comments

  1. I hope your girlie date was fantastic. And "YAY!" for icecream every.single.night. That's my summer fantasy. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts