Patience.

Today I got in the pool. 

For a really long time. NOT to exercise, but to play with my three kids. Big, BIG day. My incision is finally healed to the point where I feel okay with submerging it. Today was the first time in 6 and 1/2 weeks where I've been able to hold my (36 lb) baby, standing, without searing pain. 

I crutched my way on over, put my crutch up against the lifeguard stand, and eased my way into the water, slowly and nervously. And as soon as I got in the water, I could hold big Jake WITHOUT PAIN. He was jumping in, to me, over and over, and I could catch him. And it made me cry with happiness. 

It was a really great afternoon. I'm off to cuddle with my book to celebrate. I know that for someone who deals with a serious illness, or a car crash, or something way worse than what happened to me, 6.5 weeks is like a joke of a time span. To me? This has been a really long road, and all I have is my own experience to draw from. I have never gone this long being inactive in my post pubescent life, and it has not been easy. I really feel like I am getting better, today. I know that I need to continue to be patient, and I will be, but these small glimpses of wellness or life getting back to normal are like gifts. 



Comments

  1. Awesome! I am thrilled for you! And the kids, it must have been so fun for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for you! So glad to hear you are getting better and enjoying your kids and having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful!! There is a light at the end of the tunnel. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are absolutely an inspirational person. You go girl! I haven't been able to read this for a while, it sounds like you have a great plan in place. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts