Eastering.




What a few days its been! Friday I played at CV with 3 friends. Two were newer golfers, and Denise and I played a match. Because we knew we had a threesome behind us Denise preferred to play from the red tees on the front.  I was psyched about how I played. I lost the front, but I was happy with how my game ~ driver was on, irons mostly on ~ high and long….I just need to hit more greens. I was in SO  many bunkers but pin high. I putted well. There were good things. My chipping still needs work, but so does most peoples this time of year. At the turn the really new player called it a day, so we played from the gold, or competition tees. This is where my length works for me (From the reds I frequently can't hit driver from the tee). On the back I also lost…..but I lost by 1. I'm fully prepared to lose, that is okay, I just don't want to lose in 9 holes :) I posted my best score of the season thus far. I breathed a little easier.

I came home to find Nate safely returned from Germany. We basically fed the kids, threw stuff in the car, and headed up to the Burg. Saturday was a sad, sad day. Saying goodbye to Leigh was hard. She had planned a beautiful service for herself, but it was hard. Seeing so many friends was wonderful, and seeing all of our sweet kids playing back at Tom and Leigh's house was great. Sad.

We had originally planned to come home on Saturday night, but after a long day, many friends and many glasses of wine, we decided to spend another night. We got home on Easter Sunday around 11, and headed out to dinner with my whole family at 3:30. We had a wonderful afternoon, and finally felt as though we could relax a bit.

Today I taught, and it was a really good class. I had 22, so my class seems to be growing, which is great! There was just good energy, some laughs, and a good flow to everything. I'm amazed at how quickly 55 minutes pass by. Its shocking. When the good energy is just flowing I'm sometimes sad to have to close a class.

Tomorrow is a 9 AM shotgun start. I'm hoping to be there by 8:15 to warm up and shake out my nerves. We are at home, playing Kennet. I've been doing some visualization, a bit of rule reading (though I'm increasingly less worried about that after playing with Denise…..it just doesn't come up too much)…..and basically just trying to feel good. I purposely didn't work out today, enjoying teaching my gentle yoga class and trying to eat well and just settle into my body. It was a BEAUTIFUL 70 degree day and we spent the afternoon at the playground ( I love the fact that I can lay on the ground on the grass just breathing in all of the wonderful spring smells and letting the kids run free now that they are older …….I was so deeply relaxed in the sunshine I felt like a cat). The sunshine prompted the need for a watermelon, the first of the season.

I'm excited. And nervous. And just……..whatever is going to be will be!

Comments

Popular Posts