Positive feedback. And passion.





I got this email from the Group X coordinator yesterday. I won't lie and say it didn't thrill me. It is SO nerve-wracking being new at this, and you want SO badly to do a good job for your students, to make the class enjoyable for them, that to receive an email like this made me get tears in my eyes. And want to tell my Mom. Okay, I did tell my Mom. Because thats what Mom's are for, right? To celebrate with?

Hi,
I wanted to let you know that I received a comment card today from a member who is enjoying your class!  Great job!  Thank you :)
--
blah blah boss Group Exercise Coordinator



So thank you, anonymous person, who was kind enough to take a moment to say something nice about the new girl. You made my day. 

My Mondays are perfect. I go to Sue's 9:30 level 1 class, which always provides great inspiration for my 12:15 class. I had the brilliant idea to practice for my class outside in between as we didn't need groceries like we usually do….so I sat up my mat in a patch of sunshine in a park between class and the  Y. It looked so pretty. I sat down on it and IMMEDIATELY jumped up as cold wet soaked my ass. Duh. It had poured rain all weekend and both of my mats were instantly soaked through. Not so beautiful. So I rolled up my mat, sat in my car in the sunlight, and wrote out some ideas. 


Class went well, I had 18. Last night I went to the 6 PM Vinyasa flow class with Mike. He had just been to the Brian Kest workshop and introduced a totally different Sun A and Sun B vinyasa option that was really fun and I'm going to try to copy this weekend in my class. Workshops. I've been waiting to go to anything until I actually GET my certification as until I register with Yoga Alliance none of the hours will count as continuing education. I'm meeting with Pam tomorrow for my exit interview and should be getting my official certificate of completion of the SOY 200TT program…which means I can register with YA immediately! Which means…..I'll be official. Which is exciting to me. I'm teaching 4 classes this week as I picked up a Thursday and Saturday class. I'm leaping at almost every opportunity I get as I am trying to get as much experience as I can….each time it gets a little (tiny) bit less terrifying. 

The weather was finally, FINALLY pretty nice today. After a great vinyasa flow class with Chris I got some errands done and Jake and I went for a 4 mile spin around the neighborhood in the sunshine. I haven't run pushing a stroller in a while and had forgotten the cardio blast that thing provides when going up hills. When dealing with a chatterbox of a three year old its quite the adventure. I get to watch Luke's first baseball practice today and had Jules final parent teacher conference as a Kindergartener today…..I'm like moments away from having a first and second grader, which astounds me. 

Nate gets in late tonight, as do I from book club……but I'm going to hit up 6 am yoga tomorrow so that I can try to squeeze in 18 or as many as i can tomorrow. That or hit 3000 balls if the practice facilities are open (finally. Between snow and rain nothing has been open as the ground has been frozen or soaked). These matches are coming up really, really soon and I just don't know if I have the heart to go out there and get my ass handed to me. Like, do I really want to cry on the golf course? (yes its just a game but yes I might cry if I lost ~ like ~ the first 10 holes and was closed out by 10. Its match play, just you and your opponent, and that scenario could happen. Maybe. And that would ~ maybe ~ make me cry.) Is that shameful? To be a grown up who cries about golf? And nice emails about your yoga class? I'm a crier, I suppose. I'm passionate. Yes, thats it. 
Passionate. 
ETA, I may be passionate but I don't know how to use the quote function on blogger. And kids await. So, I'm passionate, dumb, and not going to be late because of quote function. Sorry!

Comments

Popular Posts