I lost.

But I lost with style and grace on the 17th hole, so I fought hard :)

To be honest? I'm thrilled. I also know that I kindov choked, I was up 4 at one point, I like, went up 4 in the first 6 holes and then slowly and surely gave up my lead……kept fighting back and forth, and then lost on hole #10 (the equivalent of 17 as it was a shotgun start and we had started on #12).

Its over with! My opponent was nice. I chatted too much ~ I think that I let it distract me and I was the one initiating most of it. Next time, less chatter. She has also been competing in GAP matches for 14 years……my inexperience showed…..its hard closing out a win, Ive seen that a million times on TV but got to actually FEEL it yesterday. Next match is Friday and I'm playing on team 1, seventh position. We are away this time at a course called Whitemarsh Valley, Ive never played there and am looking forward to seeing their course. I walked the front 9 this morning, trying to figure out how to be more consistent. I played better in a gale force wind, so for that I am grateful.

I feel very yoga deficient at the moment, one can only do so much, you know? I'm teaching three times this weekend and Nate and I are playing golf with friends on Sunday afternoon. Tue/Wed/Fri/Sun golf sounds like a vacation schedule, or a dream…..I'm in heaven! I'm doing some things well. I'm driving the ball really well. My second shots were spot on yesterday (from the golds almost no woman can reach most greens other than the par 3's in regulation)…..its that damn 3rd shot where I'm hitting it so solidly, high and pretty, but JUST OFF target, putting me in a trap. So I'm ahead, ahead, and then scrambling out of trouble. My putting was rock solid until my confidence started to get wobbly, and then I made some really bad puts. I also made some good ones, though. I had a couple of beautiful lob wedges. I'm really, really excited about this summer. Ive never had the opportunity to practice, to potentially take lessons (though ugh lessons are stupid expensive and Im so afraid of the messing with my head as a self taught golfer)…..

So thats the story of that. I lived. No tears. Nice woman. Not a win, but not a steamrolling either. I was proud of myself.

Comments

Popular Posts