I'm gonna sleep like a baby


Because I played on the first team, on the fifth cup of the entire WGAP, and rallied back from a FREAKISHLY bad start of 2 down (freakishly bad like shanking 2 off of the tee into the road. Will say it was a tremendously hard hole to start on, have the box on, and be nervous on….. results prove that). Second hole proved my rattledness……..it was a par three, a long one, I hit a decent shot after she went left but caught a trap. Took THREE shots to get out of the trap. NOT ME. I like sand, generally.

Did the whole ~ can't cry can't cry can't cry Im freaking out freaking out what the fuck is going to happen.

Hit a bad  but in play and long drive on 3. Literally, as the caddy and my opponent were away from me started chanting "Om" as I walked down the fairway. Again. And Again. Hit a solid strike.

Rallied back. Got even. Got +1. Back to even. +1 ahead. Went one back on 14, and pushed her on 15, 16, 17 and 18……….so I'm pretty psyched about my loss. The team lost as well, 5--2, so my loss didnt even figure in  (we were the last twosome in, by like 30 minutes). I was the only one to take my opponent to 18 in my loss.

I'm getting there. 2/1. Now 1/1. Next time maybe a win? Winning is so hard.

Today was so much fun. It was a beautiful course………beautiful women, beautiful accidental road trip back to the club after our car pool to the match…..for a sunny afternoon of celebrating our loss. My (second) team also lost today……I think that I am playing on the first team again Tues and Friday.

I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight. I never knew losing could be so much fun!

Comments

  1. Congrats on the winning loss, Melis! I take it you recovered from your kettlebells? I don't mess with those. I know they are great, but one tweak in your form and you can get really injured. I don't need to tempt fate like that. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts