Kettlebells were a bad idea.



What was I even thinking? Thats right! I wasn't. But I was in limbo class wise yesterday afternoon so I opted to change it up. I did a 45 minute kettle bell class followed by a 20 Minute CRX class (core). I was SORE today! I hit the gym for some stairs to warm up before Dance Party. Sarah wasn't there again today, and my friend Diana was teaching. Ive known her since…..middle school? Right at the beginning of the class she turned to all of us and said ~ "I know this is unusual, but I want us to set an intention for this class. I want us to send love and peace to people who really need it right now….Sarah isn't here today because one of her good friends is dying in the hospital. And right now one of my best friends is saying goodbye to her husband in the hospital, who has lost his battle to a brain tumor (and she started crying, so I started crying)……and here we are, and we are going to DANCE, and DANCE with joy and be grateful that we are alive, and healthy, and just try to send out some good energy into this crazy, painful world." It was such a needed dose of perspective ~ I haven't had a gratitude check lately. Nate has been traveling a ton, but we have great babysitters. And the kids are so easy these days. And I swear cutting out most everything but yoga has made my hip feel about 75% better, most days I don't think about it. Most days. Ive never felt stronger or healthier. My anxiety is low. I'm looking forward to a great summer. Everyone has been really healthy. GRATITUDE. Life can change in one split second ~ My Dads brush with pancreatic cancer, my hip, Jakes near death ~ they all taught me that…..but its amazing how the mind wills you to sortov blissfully forget about how split second life is. How precious, and precarious it is. How cruel the whims of fate are. I think that its a survival mechanism, I mean, if we walked around in that constant awareness of the true horrors of the world we probably couldn't function ~ but when you get those little glimpses of the bad SHIT, Leigh's funeral, brain tumors, burying 40 year old friends……you remember to be so grateful for simple calm seas. They don't last forever but its so nice to be aware of them and grateful when you are in them. And you really remember to send love. There is so much love out there to be sent, when we remember to do it. A phone call, a letter, a meal made, a donation given.

All afternoon my left shoulder and neck were all jacked up. Like, tense and stuck feeling. After cooking big meals all week because Nate was around I caught a break as he has poker night with the guys in my family…..so chipotle it was. Chipotle happens to be right next door to a new frozen yogurt place……so we had to go. After that we headed to ACAC where I met Jyoti for Adreanas 60 minute flow class. I got in and out as quickly as possible to try to work out my neck, but it didnt help. Going to foam roll now and if all else fails breaking a hip is good for pretty much a lifetime supply of tramadol, so there is always that for morning neck/shoulder emergencies before the match. Tomorrow I could really get smoked. I'm playing on the first team, and the first team plays in cup 5? I think. We play in cup 15….so they are playing much better teams than our team is (cups are like ladders in tennis ~ you have to challenge and win the team above you to move up in cups, its very complicated and I don't get it at all.) Generally most of the first team players have single or near single digit handicaps in the higher cups. But ~ its going to be what its going to be. I got a caddie for tomorrow, after riding in the cart for the first time all season I remembered how much I didnt like it. I zone out and don't pay attention to the course, the topography, don't look at my next shot as much etc. Plus, I chit chat and do things like offer my opponent reading from my rangefinder all the time (She didnt have one. Oops). Plus maybe he's cute and I can flirt with him and get good reads. Because there is nothing in the rule book against that. I checked.

So, into match 2 we go, with the awkward chicken playing on the first team. Maybe she will be really hungover. Or something. Its awful to be looking at a perfectly nice woman and thinking "I hope she totally fucks this shot up." I thought that a lot of times. It was so  much easier having her just lose a hole than really having to win a hole, thats for sure. Terrible.

Like the overzealous organizer I am my little team outfit is all laid out in the bathroom. My balls are marked, shoes and bag and everything laid out on the kitchen table. I'm off to bed. Tomorrow starts early.


Comments

Popular Posts