Day two, classes two and three.

I went to Sues 9:30 class today in Downingtown. It was again a good reminder of what a level class 1 can be ~ that a level 1 class does NOT have to be a beginner class. I hit Wegmans, dropped everything off at home, and was off to teach my 12:15 class at the Y. Right before I left I saw a nice email from the mind/body director introducing me to all of the other yoga teachers. About 5 minutes later I got a panicked email from someone begging me to pick up their 5:15 power yoga class tonight. Nate is away……and I don't really know what power yoga means, outside of power vinyasa flow? I told her I could do it, and then asked what sort of class she normally taught. Her answer totally confused me. I actually called Sue to ask if she could translate it and she too was stumped (which means in normal Sue fashion she said "Bloody idiot. She sounds like a real twit") :). She told me to just go in there and do whatever I wanted to do, it was my class as I was teaching it. Again, love Sue.  I will say that I'm really excited about opportunities to pick up classes as a sub at the Y. What a great way to get a bunch of different classes under my belt ~ every single class I teach is going to help me. Each time my confidence and knowledge is going to grow. Each time I will  be able to get a little more creative, to trust myself without any plan. To teach that 1 hour power class today with virtually no notice meant that I had no plan ~ and I did it! I didn't think that I would have been able to, and I did! At some point, as I teach more and more I'm going to lose this anxiety and just trust that I will know what to do, every time.

My 12:15 gentle class was great. I had 10 students, and 1 brand new to yoga person. The music was nice, the overall energy in the room was good, and it felt like a good mix of stretching with a bit of strengthening and some balance thrown in. I really enjoyed that class and felt little stress and really felt like I could just be myself.

I fed the kids a super early dinner and we headed to the Y together a bit before 5. There were 32 (THIRTY TWO) people in this class. It was packed. I had brought a really good groovy and  upbeat power sort of playlist, which worked well with the energy of the group. I just went for it. They wanted power? I gave them power. We were binding, and balancing, forearm balancing, and goddessing and just having a good old time. I felt free from the "sun a sun b" limits and got to flow to my own rhythm, my own class. I loved it! And I *think* that they loved it too. I got some really positive feedback, which makes me feel so good and grateful. I always go out of my way to thank a teacher for a class, but never realized how edifying it actually is to hear thanks from students. I came out of there feeling 10 feet tall!

I treated the kids to some Lets Yo! some new frozen yogurt place nearby as a treat. I'm grateful that they are so willing to help out their Mom in my new adventure and support me by going to kids zone.

Tomorrow I have to miss my normal 9:30 class to attend a funeral, and may try to get there at night, depending on what time Julia's playdate gets picked up. Otherwise its home practice. The week ahead is nutty with a girls dinner on Wednesday night and a dinner party here on Friday night. I'm volunteering at Lukes school on Wednesday and trying to attend as many classes as I can in between. Its supposed to snow tomorrow. I really don't even know what to say about that. Im beyond the joking about it place. Its depressing. After playing 9 on Friday and 18 on Sunday…..to go BACKWARDS to snow? Its just sickening. I'm disgusted. It is so ugly and brown and just miserable outside. It was 22 as I was dropping the kids at school this morning. 22. I'm decidedly unyogic and accepting about this, though of course I can't change it.

Comments

  1. I too am finding that any equanimity I think I have achieved....well, that bluff is called by a neverending winter :)

    and what a fabulous attitude on your part, so brave! So glad to hear you're taking on challenges and enjoying it all! That class sounds fun, wish I could have gone! :) you should totally find an excuse to come down here for a spring or summer getaway and stay at the ashram :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts