Here we go.

The uniform is so hot.

Luckily I don't have to wear it when I'm actually teaching…..just when I'm cruising the halls all Group X instructor style (I think thats my title). I don't know what my title means. Granted, being "hot" isn't my intention, but being comfortable is, and a short sleeved shirt with a super short waist is not comfortable. I want to get to know my class, but I really don't need them to get to know my abs.

I took yesterday off. "Off" meaning I spent way too long at the neighbors house after the Golf Chicks dinner. So I "rested". Today was Nate's day "off" ~ he played virtual golf at play a round with guys from the club as our course isn't set to open till MAYBE April 1. This is bizarre, freakish. There have been probably 3 of the past 5 winters where courses never actually closed, let alone this extended no play time. At our dinner I learned more about the format of our matches…..and it didn't abate my anxiety. I'm carrying too low of an index (or handicap)…because I didn't post a single score to GHIN (where you post/keep your scores on line) in 2012 because of breaking my hip. In 2011 I was playing a lot, that was the year of the hole in one and my low round, which is completely skewing my index. I started playing at 28, and a good 3-5 years were messed up due to pregnancy/nursing, and one entire year lost to the hip. So. Now I have this index which is artificially low (meaning I'm playing way worse than my handicap indicates) and I'm going to be paired with people who are way better than me.

Plus pressure. Those "gimme" puts? Don't exist in competitive match play. So, yes much fear. Maybe yoga will help?

I had a nice morning of yoga at ACAC and then an afternoon run before a pedicure and then the Spring Fair for Luke's school and then dinner out at Iron Hill.

Tomorrow ~ Vinyasa at the Y at 8 AM! 75 minutes, technically billed as a "warm" class….but I will get back to you on that. Then, straight to yoga school all day. Three people have their practicums.

The week ahead is a bit mad. Teaching, taking, St. Pats plans, Julia's birthday, teaching try outs, a WCFC Event that I've been involved with marketing…..its going to be a buckle your seatbelt sort of week.

Yoga breath, right?

Comments

  1. You do make that uniform look hawt. ;) So weird that it would be short. That's a pet peeve of mine. Plus, it shouldn't happen to people our height. I mean, are they crop tops on the tall people? Weird.

    Good luck with the new golf adventure. It sounds like a blast and a good way for you to enjoy some sporting competition. I have no doubt you will be awesome, regardless of the messed up handicap.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts