Six years ago today

I was working hard at BMH, anxiously awaiting the arrival of our second baby, while our first baby, only 13 months old was probably just about to wake up here at our house. I had woken up in labor at 3 AM and left for the the hospital around 5, and by 2 in the afternoon my sweet surprise, my little girl had arrived. This was like, a lightening fast delivery for me compared to my others. Only 12 hours? AMAZING. I will always remember that, Jules :). Your namesake (MY Mom Mom) and your Mom Mom and Pop Pop and Brother all waited in the waiting room and saw you just minutes after you were born. I had the extreme joy and privilege of holding you in my arms and introducing you ~ "Its a GIRL! Julia Elise!" as everyone entered the room. You were amazing, and meant to be, and you fit just right in my arms, and you still do today.

This was Julia yesterday on a school field trip. She made it the highest up the wall of anyone in her class. Julia has a fierce little determination hidden under an incredibly calm and self controlled exterior. She awes me on a daily basis. I set my alarm at 6 am so that I could sit and meditate and practice some yoga in front of the fire. I wanted to just spend some time being grateful for Julia, for her brothers, for my family.

Its been a busy week. Monday we actually had snow delay #398 of this year, so that blew my normal vinyasa class. I ended up going doing my new class at the Y, the 12:15 gentle yoga class, then went to Barb's 7:15 level I class with Sue that night. It was SUCH a good class to go to, as it had Adult Night School students at it, so there were about 6 people in the class who had never done a day of yoga before in their lives, and one person who had a broken wrist (with hard cast). It was great to see the way Barb modified/taught the class. Really enjoyed it.

Yesterday I woke up at 6 to meditate and do my home practice. I had Chris Scotts 75 minute power vinyasa flow class in the morning, then a great day of birthday planning and friends over, then  last night I went to Sue's level 3 class in Downingtown. She nearly killed me. She is the most amazing teacher I've ever seen. Theres just nothing quite like doing yoga to English rap, working your ass off in the fading twilight hours with a group of people just looking to have a great time. It is communion. It brings me incredible joy. I was "that Mom" at Wegmans at 9 PM after class trying to find a kosher, egg free, peanut allergy free treat for Jules to bring in to school ~ found out about this yesterday of course ~ so it was a long day.

Today is my trial class at the Crossfit studio. I need to see the space, find out what they are offering, see if the times for sure work for me. I'm looking forward to teaching, to going to my normal 9:30 class this morning, and then to spending the rest of the day celebrating our sweet daughter.

Namaste, all. Climb high!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts