So here we are!

So tomorrows the day! My first entire class!

I had a great time teaching two partial classes this week ~ I taught the first and last 20 minutes of one of Sues classes on Tuesday, and on Friday I taught the last 40 minutes of her level 2 class, which meant that I got to lead them through savasana, the final Om, a blessing (Travel light, live light, spread light, be light……simple but always a favorite of mine).

Annnnd, I spent time Thursday working hard on creating a practicum, and I've got it! I love it. Its easy for me to remember, I hit everything I want to hit (plenty of twists, a fun standing series, some different things that I think may not appear in other peoples practicums, and good good music. A simple and straightforward standing balance, and then another kneeling balance. I weave things together,  pulling together a move that we do in the very beginning back into the very end. A standing thunderbolt balance is revisited in a kneeling position with a backbend thrown in. I like it! If all goes to plan it should end right on time, this afternoons run through went exactly 60 minutes and 10 seconds.

I plan to run through it once tonight making Nate be my guinea pig, and then once more early tomorrow morning. Rather than drive myself crazy with it, I'm going to attend Sues insane level III class at 10:30, so right before I teach. I should bring a change of clothes, who wants a sweaty teacher giving them a shoulder and neck stretch at the end?

Very excited! Some of my closest friends are coming and we plan to celebrate at Iron Hill afterward…….

In other good news I'm teaching two classes at the brand new Athleta store in April, and am going this week to try to get hired at a local Crossfit studio to be their yoga teacher……I have a big in in the friend that we were out with last night and I think that I can seal the deal with her endorsement. I think that it would be a good fit for me……….I have no doubt that I could work them hard, which seems to be the crossfit thing. I also think that it would be a fantastic place to teach an inversion class ~ which I'm just itching to do somewhere as its probably one of the strongest aspects of my personal practice, and thanks to Sue I've gotten tons of 1:1 mentoring on not just how to DO inversions (any gymnasticy person can do inversions) ….. but to TEACH them, and teach them safely.

Here we go!

Comments

  1. Eek! So excited for you. Wish I were local and could attend. I know it will be awesome. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweet friend. I will keep you there in spirit. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts