On Fridays.

 Do this. I insist. It is incredibly fun. 
 Against all odds, it appears that Spring may actually happen this year. 
 I got to have a sleepover with this handsome snuggle bug on Thursday night. 
 My girlfriend fresh off of the bus on Thursday afternoon. Can I tell you that the few minutes I stand at the door every day waiting for her are some of my favorite moments of the day? I get really excited to see her, and I feel like there must just be something so reassuring about knowing, every day, that Mom is there waiting for you. I love seeing her come bounding off of the bus and across the lawn, already starting her stories about her day.  
Don't let English yoga teachers take photos. They are not good at it. I have no idea how this photo turned out this way. This whole "action photo" thing isn't turning out well. I may just pretend I forgot. Its so not my thing. 


Stop whatever you are doing and throw a grilled cheese bar party. Seriously. Do it. 

I had no idea how much fun it would end up being. Gather a whole bunch of different ingredients, a few types of good bread, several types of cheeses, different condiments, and different fillers, and let people loose. I made a sourdough with cooper sharp, avocado, turkey, bacon, and potato chips. Because…potato chips on a grilled cheese? Why not? Other winners were ciabatta with pesto, mozzarella, roasted peppers, and arugula. Brie, pears, apples, cranberry and fig chutney. Honey. Goat cheese, Anything. I did it with tomato soup, salad would work too. It was a dreary, rainy, depressing looking Friday night, and comfort food seemed like just the thing. Have a big flat cookie sheet in the oven, and a heavy one (I used two) for on top, while the oven preheats to 450. Butter both sides of the sandwich. Lay parchment paper on the flat sheet and write your guests names on it. Have them lay their sandwiches on the parchment paper, slide it onto the flat cookie sheet, and place it in the oven, putting the heavy cookie sheet directly on top of it. This toasts the top and the bottom and helps with the melting. Cook them for like 10 minutes ~ they come out melty and toasty and perfectly delicious.  Its really fun. If you want the official write up on this you can find it on my sisters blog at www.homebeccanomics.com. Shamelessly stole the idea from her and will be reusing it!

I'm now officially CPR certified courtesy of the Y. I picked up two classes to sub this week, and have another 2 hour training on Wed night, so I think that I may actually be working like 10 hours this week. Thats almost like a real job. Almost! Sortov. I also collected my first paycheck in 7 years on Friday! Lookout Athleta! I may be coming to buy…..like, a sports bra :) Or, headband. I'm ROLLIN. 

I've decided I need a change in the hair department. Its so long, so straight, and so…boring. Any suggestions? Here are the problems

1. I don't know how to "do" hair. Or like "doing" hair. And I play sports/work out pretty much 7 days a week, so ponytail-able is pretty mandatory.
2. I don't know that I feel like getting back into coloring it and all of the maintenance that that requires. But maybe?
3. I don't want to cut it short. 

So….that pretty much means that I'm probably stuck with long straight and boring? 

I have to teach the Vinyasa class tomorrow and we are entertaining again tomorrow night. I'm a little nervous ~ after that dream I had where only 4 people showed up for my class I have this new fear that it may actually come true. What if they hated it? Gah. I should be downstairs practicing….but instead spent the afternoon getting a pedicure and lounging in bed eating leftovers while Nate had the boys out and Jules was dowtown seeing Pinkalicious with my parents. Yesterday was a long day and today is equally dreary and laziness really just seems in order. 

So if anyone could solve my hairstyle problems and my "how to get a totally non cheesy yoga photo of myself when I hate taking stupid posey yoga photos as they all seem to be the opposite of yoga as they feel arrogant and dumb…………" problems I'd love to hear about it!

Comments

  1. I love the grilled cheese bar idea! (I've had it in the back of my mind since seeing your sister's post on it.) Looks like so much delicious fun. No hair advice. I let my stylists do whatever...you know, about twice a year. (Ugh.) Maybe something around your shoulders with some longer layers that will lighten up the weight/thickness, but still fit back in a ponytail? I wear a hat all the time while running, partially because the shorter strands bug me if they come lose while working out. Obviously you are not doing yoga in a hat. ;)

    I love that head stand pose (<--am I slaughtering terminology completely?). So strong and beautiful. Maybe get someone else to snap a few pictures of it with better light? Seems like a perfect "action" shot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts