BIG DAY




I won my semi final match today. I came out of 16 down one. That meant I had to at least win one of the following 2 holes to force a playoff, instead I won 17 and 18, literally having to sink a putt on 18 (after having to hit a 3 wood 170 over water, rather than lay up….) to win the match. My hands were actually shaking, a first. Out of curiosity, as I was walking as usual, I turned on my Mapmyrun…….turnes out walking our course is a 5.4 mile walk. A super hilly walk, pushing a heavy jogging stroller equivalent as I use a trolly as I like to have the scorecard in front of me and a place for my water, especially in competition. Obviously each round varies depending how badly you drive the ball (and today driving the ball was far and away my strength…….putting? I was either super focused….like, HIT IT IN and then did, on about 4 holes…..or like, this complete stranger out of body experience mental *am I having a seizure* sort of moment where I actually had a 3.5 putt on 3 (used my putter 4 times but wasn't on the green for my first shot) and about the same on 16, both holes that I ought to have won handily. I need a lesson (I've only had one 9 hole playing lesson in my life, recently, and I'm scared of lessons. But if I can go 400 yards in 2 shots and take 4 SHOTS TO GO 15 FEET, SOMETHING IS WRONG). May get a putting lesson. Scared of words in my head. But???? After a 4 putt? You already have words in your head. Bad words.

I'm in the final. This isn't a tiered championship, so its actually for the entire club handicap match play winner. Today I had to give my opponent 4 strokes (tough when I went into the back 9 up one, lost 10 when she parred it with a 3 and I lost with a 4, we both parred 11 (a very hard hole, but she got a stroke, so my par meant a loss of hole) and suddenly after playing two holes only +1 I was now down two in match play and suddenly -1, a huge swing).

It was so, so exciting. The hardest part about match play is that although you really, really want to win, you are playing someone that you like. Someone that you happily talk with, intimately talk with, the entire round. And your win, of course, means their loss. You hug about 12 times at the end of such an intense match.

The FINALS! I can't believe it!

SO much more is going on! I'm forming a LLC, my website is coming together, new business is happening, I have a big surprise for Nate in the works, he has some new stuff which is exciting going on, we are on the cusp of signing onto a huge fundraiser/charity event for the spring, much more, no, MOST importantly, I'm about to snuggle down with three warm clean little bodies  in front of the fire after an delicious night of Thai food and pizza and ice cream for a movie and sleepover in Moms room evening as its boys weekend for Nate. All is right with the world, tonight.

I hope everyone is happy. Just happy. Its a great way to feel.

Comments

Popular Posts