So whats been going on?

 MASSIVE closet organizing and clothes dumping. I have eight huge bags of stuff getting picked up on Wednesday from the Purple Heart Organization. These are just my workout clothes, minus even sweatshirts and jackets, ~ which have all been stuffed into two drawers in my dresser. I finally took it all out, separated it into long sleeve shirts, tanks, shorts/skorts and pants. Then now are neatly organized into four drawers (and while it may seem like a lot, remember I may change outfits two or three times on days when I workout and teach multiple times a day.). So EASY now to find what I need, things I don't wear are all about to be donated, and things I do wear are no longer crammed and wrinkled into oblivion. So much better! This was about a 6 hour project, all in, as I also switched out my summer and winter wardrobe, taking summer stuff and shoes down to our basement storage. So freeing.
 Spent most of the day Wednesday volunteering at the Fall Festival (for Sukkot) at Jakes preschool ~ I was one of the face painting Moms. Loved it, kids are just so cute and sweet and ……YOUNG. Remember when a rainbow, butterfly or spider (far and away the three top choices for 3-5 year olds, I learned) could be magical? 
 Hiking with the family today at Tyler on a ridiculously beautiful Sunday. Nate was back from his boys weekend, my three classes were great, and we all felt so happy to be together, be outside, be exploring and just to be alive on such a glorious day. We got to hit up some of the new tree houses, practice some outside handstands and headstands, and enjoy all the beauty that the arboretum has to offer for a few hours of great family time.
 Yet another magnificent sunset over Jakes soccer field on Wednesday night. This kid loves soccer. Trying to balance our winter sports is a challenge ~ so far Luke is doing wrestling and a once a week bball clinic, Jules an art class at the local art association and a hip hop dance class, and we aren't yet sure about big Jake.
 Big man hit the course with me on Thursday for some practice. He hit the driving range with me for about 30 minutes, then ate his lunch that I had packed while I finished up. I ran inside for some soup before meeting with the club manager about this charity tournament that we are considering hosting this coming May. Its a really scary proposition as it means bringing over 80 players to the club, finding all sorts of sponsors, silent auction items, planning menus, advertising, and hopefully raising as much money as we can for our charity. Its a little overwhelming and we have to decide if we can pull it off in the next week, as it would really take that many months to properly plan.


(Photo removed for privacy)

 Opened my locker to find that we had won money in our Member guest a few weeks back ~ we had had to box up our lunch and run as I had to pick up Jake so we didn't get to stay for the awards, so this was a happy surprise!
A snuggly movie night with the kids Friday night. Fireplace lit, blankets, a big dinner of take out and ice cream to boot. I love these nights with the kids, Nate was on a guys weekend and it reminded me of our many friday nights alone when he was doing his eMBA.

Things are just on a really good roll right now. I'm teaching 9 classes this week, three today, three tomorrow, Wednesday night at the Corporate gig, Thursday morning at Athleta, Friday morning at Crossfit, and then Saturday afternoon I have my Club Championship Match! LAst night we went out to dinner with my parents and my Dad asked if he could caddy for me! I was so excited! My Dad is so level headed, so calm, and offers up subtle, perfect advice that really meshes with  my style of play, and I think that he would be a huge help to me in a match…….so I'm hoping he can do it.

Sunday is the all day Namas Day festival ~ registration starts at 7:30 with open meditation starting at 8 am and I plan to be there for every minute of it. I'm hosting my soccer girls and their family for a party on Thursday night, we have a family wedding on Friday night, and its all busy, but manageable, good, fun busy.

The kids are doing great in school, and everything just feels wonderful. We had an awesome book club this past Thursday night, and I'm just feeling incredibly grateful for life in general. I know that winter is coming…….so feel this compulsion to be outside every minute possible.

I hope that this Sunday evening finds you all happy and at peace. Eagles Giants tonight baby……..Go Birds! Fly Eagles Fly!

XOXO All.

Comments

  1. Your dresser apparently used to be like how mine is now! I'm somehow relieved to find that I'm not the only one cramming workout clothes into a drawer (in my case it's just one huge drawer). I should learn from you though!!! It's hard not to accumulate t-shirts from races/charity walks/etc though. I don't even race anymore and I still manage to get several a year somehow.

    Sounds like you have a busy week ahead. Hope it's all fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts