Broke.

Here is my chance to find that opportunity, I suppose.

My leg is broken. That is maybe a little dramatic......I have a stress fracture of the neck of my femur. There is various tendon damage surrounding it. Thats all I know for now. I will get to see the MRI film and learn all about what all of this means at my appointment on Thursday.

I cried, a lot, after getting the diagnosis. I'm laying in bed now while my sweet husband takes care of the kids. My girlfriends are picking me up emotionally, taking shifts to do laundry, bring wine, bring food, foodshop, and take the kids for play dates etc. My Mother in Law is coming down Thursday and Friday. I have to be STRICTLY on crutches for at least 6 weeks. I've got Brooke lined up twice a week, though we may need to increase that.

I'm making an appointment for a consultation for an elective surgery that I've been considering. Hell, if I can't run anyway might as well look into doing this now rather than after my marathon like I was planning. I have no choice but to accept this. I have no choice but to follow the Dr's orders to a T. I need to heal this as thoroughly as I can. I will read a lot, I will cook a lot, I will spend a lot more time with my kids and taking it easy. I will get more reading done. I will meditate more than I have in years. I will NOT be angry at my body, but instead I will love it and focus on being grateful for it and sending it healing energy. Everything happens for a reason. The reason will be revealed, of that I have no doubt. I'm going to enjoy this summer, and keep my eyes and my heart open for the lesson that this injury is going to teach me. I am going to be grateful for the treasure that is my girlfriends, and someday be so excited to return all of the love that they are showering on me. It takes a village, and I'm leaning heavily on mine right now.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts