Change.

Not really my strong suit.

This is a wonderful opportunity to practice something that I hate.......accepting change. I'm anxious about my Dr's appointment tomorrow...........nervous about what sort of news I am going to hear. I have no idea, at all, what to expect. Is surgery even going to be discussed? Is this a 3 month recovery? 6 month? Weeks or months? WHEN CAN I RUN AGAIN? When can I swim? I'm trying to not think about it, and I have been very good about not googling it.......but over and over again I catch my mind returning to thoughts of "what if". I have pretty much accepted that the marathon is out, though no one has actually told me that as of yet. Could a spring one be a possibility? Maybe I could treat myself to a fun destination marathon? Who knows. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them :) Especially if they involve tropical islands!

Jenny and I had a great morning at the pool, and she made us an incredible dinner ~ I'm getting all sorts of great ideas for new gluten free meals for the family out of this deal! Tiffany made delicious stuffed peppers on Monday night ~ turkey and brown rice and mozzarella and tomato sauce. Becca made some fantastic grass fed beef with black beans, tomatoes, corn and cheese served with corn tortillas  last night, and Jenny made this ridiculously great brown rice bowl with golden raisins, chicken breast, arugula, sun dried tomatoes and feta with an orange honey vinaigrette today (as we are going out I had some for lunch). I'm in dinner heaven.

I'm about to take a nap, I find myself exhausted lately. I don't know if it is the lack of exercise, or the actual hard work of using crutches (my arms and shoulders are getting a fierce work out) a slight case of depression, or what, but I have been taking long naps every day. Regan and Veronica are picking up Luke and Julia at 3 to take them to the playground so I can rest with just Jake, and then we have a night out with Steve and Erica tonight, who just got engaged last week. I'm trying to keep calm and carry on, and tonight will be a nice distraction before tomorrows appointment. Hoping for good news, while being realistic at the same time.

Comments

Popular Posts