Healing.


“The wound is the place where the light enters you.”
— Rumi
Oh, Rumi. How I love you. Great, great news today. There are no torn tendons. No torn ligaments. No torn muscles. There is a fracture in the neck of the femur, and one hot angry inflamed muscle immediately above where the fracture is, but it is not torn either. There is no need for surgery! Rest. Pain medication. More rest. And, as the pain goes, the crutches go. 
I will be on crutches for a matter of weeks, probably not months, and will get back to exercise after that (gradually and slowly). Like Jake's birth was a transformative experience in my life, this injury is going to be another one, I can just feel it. The things that I was feeling stress about have fallen away. My patience with the kids has increased tenfold. I will never, ever take for granted my athletic prowess and overall health and fitness again. I have made some important decisions in just the past two weeks, things that are going to change both me, and my body, and parts of my future. I have developed a new awareness and gratitude for the overwhelming amount of love and friendship I have in my life ~ friends have literally lined up meals for three straight weeks, are taking my kids almost every day, taking them to birthday parties, playdates etc, it is incredible. I have made some important decisions regarding my diet, and my need to incorporate more rest into my workout schedule. I'm laying in bed about to take my second nap of the day as Nate has the kids at the pool (Nate has been amazing this week, taking care of the kids every night, and throughout much of the day as well. I lucked out in the husband department, big time). I'm hurting, this thing hurts like hell still! But I'm on the mend and on my way to wellness. This rest is going to be a fun time of more time with friends and the kids than usual as we look ahead to our July vacation........
I feel so blessed. I'm not even going to think about the marathon at this point, and just see how this all shakes out. I'm just so happy to know that I am going to have a return to full strength in a much sooner timeframe than I had dared to hope for. Much joy, round these parts, tonight. Thanks to all who were sending good thoughts my way, I appreciate them more than you know! 


Comments

  1. I am so happy to hear this news as opposed to the more troublesome scenarios. Glad you are taking time to take care of yourself and heal. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the fracture, but great news on no surgery! Sounds like you are doing all the right things, though I know it has to be so hard. Praying for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts