The Pool Opens

 Some ridiculousness at the Pourhouse last night. A fun night with friends and their girls. An early night, so we came home and watched Gatsby …..which really was as terrible as expected, so we switched off to Bill Maher, who had one of my favorite ladies, Sarah Silverman on. 
 No hail, thats good. Another rainbow. More strange and foreboding weather. 
 Julia, watching the end of Rocky 2. I had been upstairs doing stuff….came down and it was on. THEN realized Luke was in the room. Did one of my Momish "Nate should he be watching this?"…..THEN realized Jules was in the room. Figured this was just one of those rites of passages ~ I probably watched the same movie at about the same age, figuring it came out in 78ish…..I survived. I only fistfight rarely. She just saw the brutal, bloody end. Great! 

 Cold feet.

Why yes, this is where I am going to live this summer. 

The day part of today sucked. Have you ever read that book about love languages? How people have different ways of expressing love? Mine is NOT gifts. I'm just not a gifty person. I don't want to get them, I don't get into giving them….it all feels like a chore. Call me at 3 am and tell me you need me? I'm there. 100%. Remember to buy a lego set? mmmm. Might not. I'm always the Mom who is wrapping the present just before the party, or on Amazon about 7 days before Christmas ordering the kids presents, or just not having the present I want to have when I want to have it. 

So. It hit me today that Jakes birthday party (just family) is on Monday. Just 20 people, so a BBQ is the easy answer. Also hit me that I hadn't ordered a cake, had no presents for the kid (actual bday is Tues) and hadn't yet created a menu. I used to be such a planner…..I'm still super uptight in the final hours, but I've learned to last minute this stuff vs. stressing out in advance. Other items on the agenda are teaching 3 yoga classes in the morning ~ 8, 10 and 11:30…..then hightailing it straight to the course for a 1:30 shotgun start……..followed by dinner and dancing. So I should be packing for the entirety of my day tomorrow….but I'm sitting here with an icy cold muddle. My procrastination meant that Julia and  I had to drop Jake at a birthday party, hit the party store, then the toy store, pick jake up, feed everyone lunch, take a 20 minute power nap, then head out to the grocery store for all of Mondays needs, then the booze store, then the beer store (because PA is archaic). ALL OF THAT SUCKS. I hate shopping. 

I got home with a car full of beer, booze and food….to find that Nate (who had been spreading the 8 yards of mulch that got dumped in our driveway at 8 am, waking us from sleep) was taking Luke to the driving range. Jules was inconsolable. Girl kid wants to play golf~ and play golf she shall. Jake was still napping, so he and I stayed home. By the time he roused his sleepy little head I had the suit on, threw some sweatshirts in the bag and we hightailed it to the pool. Having joined CV in September we haven't gotten to experience the pool. This could be a problem. Cabanas. Snack bar. Beautiful, beautiful atrium open air restaurant. Tonight they had live music. Outdoor couches. Fire pits. Horseshoes. Cornhole. Washers. I'm never, ever teaching the kids our member #, because the ability to just sign the chit feels like free money. Not free money. Nate met us and we got a drink and enjoyed laying around the pool, watching the kids play pool bball and jump off of the diving board. There was no way in hell I was going in…..I'm all for cold ocean water but just no to the pool this time of year. By 6:45 we were in the atrium ~ live music, tennis players all over the place, and just the best, most relaxed vibe ever. I could have sat there all night. For sure. Its going to be an amazing summer.  

Tomorrows our tournament. Playing with Denise and Jim, but just Nate and I are a team ~ two ball low net better ball. So excited. Kindov wish I didn't have to be up so early/teach so much before hand but it just is what it is. 

KARLY HOW WAS YOUR RACE???????

Comments

  1. Your post made me laugh because I know your party will be amazing regardless and because when Jordan visits MI she is always astounded that we can buy wine/liquor/high point beer at our grocery stores. We stopped at a chain store (similar to a super Target) on Saturday night and she was blown away that there was a lady with wine samples. That might have been a highlight of her trip. ;) The marathon was amazing. Jordan and I both PR'd. It's such a beautiful course that makes my heart happy every time I run it. (You run along the shores of Grand Traverse Bay, an inlet of Lake MI.) We couldn't have asked for better weather and the day was perfect for running. I didn't pay attention to my watch because I had no time goal. I probably went out a little bit fast as I was just having so much fun. The last 22-26 were hard, but I think that's how it should be in a marathon. As in my first, I never had to stop to walk and kept shuffling with a smile when moving through pain-ville. Fellow runners were a delight and I feel great today, so I am calling it a win. Thanks for asking! xoxo

    Can't wait to hear how your tournament went. I love that you and Nate get to share something you both love like that. Even though Bill amazing and supportive about my running, he can't run anymore because of his disc issues. I am envious of you guys. Hope it was an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so proud of you my friend ~ and of course the green bean too :) way to go awesome ladies. Enjoy every second of your post race glow, and your time together. Ive been thinking of you and sending you lots of love. 2 PR;s? Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts