Working it out.

6 AM yoga got the day started right. It always, always has that effect on me. It was Adriana's class, one of my three favorite yoga teachers. She is teaching the 9 AM 90 minute power vinyasa flow class tomorrow as well, and my ass is going to be on a mat. In trying to juggle teaching, golfing, and end of year kid stuff my personal practice has been suffering, and as usual, I see the result. I already feel better.

Having the luxury of time this morning I went back for a bit of cardio and a pure barre class. A massive food haul with my buddy Jake and a delicious healthy lunch, and I feel like a million bucks. Self care. Self care. Self care. The hardest thing to balance right now seems to be swim team and cooking dinner. Jake still naps every day. In order to get the kids to the club by 4 (when Julia's practice starts), I have to wake Jake, pack snacks and suits and towels, get Jules changed, and pick up Luke at 3:30. Jake swims while she practices, then Lukes practice starts at 4:30 and goes till 5:15. As Nate has been home all week he's been going with me, its so damn cute watching them, and incredibly impressive. They are already improving so quickly! The only issue this week is that it has been COLD. I totally admire their guts in just getting in the pool. By 5:15 we still have to get Luke dry, changed etc……so its like 6 by the time we get home. The whole deal started at 2:50 when Jules got off of the bus, and during the school year the kids go to bed at 7:30! So, its been tough. We got lazy again last night and ate at Iron Hill. Luckily the school year is almost over and practices will move to the mornings.

Tonight? Practice and then Nate and I are off to Teikoku with the Andersons while the kids have kids fun night at the gym. Its an early birthday celebration for moi at one of my favorite sushi places.

Early yoga, afternoon golf, and a Sunday full of teaching and pool should round out the weekend. The cold weather seems on the way out, and I'm ready to break out the summer wardrobe.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, active, and fun filled weekend. Namaste!

Comments

  1. I'm feeling the end of year crunch too and I don't have nearly as much on my plate as you do (plus one less kid with their own set of activities/obligations). Hang on and ride it out is the mantra at this point. We are sliding into the home plate of summertime fun. Just gotta round third and sprint. Happy early birthday, fine young thing! Hope it's a great new year. Did you end up seeing your surgeon about your hip yet? I keep meaning to ask, but I also lose track of time, so forgive me if I am behind or ahead of things. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about starting the day with a yoga class - I used to teach early morning (6 or 6:30) classes 4 days a week and whether I had students or not I was always so glad I got out of bed to go! Now I look forward to the occasions when I sub those classes at the Y :)

    I'm about ready for school to be over, too, to give us a little more afternoon freedom at the pool, to not have to worry about getting home for dinner so early. Our kids have similar school night bedtimes, though O will often stay awake until 10 reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karly, thanks for asking ~ haven't seen him yet but have an appointment in June. I'm so insane about it all…..it gets bad and I'm sure that surgery is what I want to do, then I go through a period like the past 3 weeks where it hasn't bothered me and I think ~ why on earth do I want to have the surgery/risk infection/be weak for weeks etc. Its why I just need answers and courage and whatnot I guess. Jenn I'm a bout to teach my first 6 am class this coming Monday and I'm really looking forward to it! I can't even believe that the end of school is upon us ~ Julia has her Kindergarden graduation on Monday ` tissues!!!! I think that every parent is ready for it at this point :) xoxo girls

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts