Chocolate for Breakfast


(this is an old photo, but I think that I'm doing the same pose as the person above? I don't even know for sure what its called. I think that in the inversion class we called it a scissor leg crow? And maybe that isn't what she is doing. ITS VERY EARLY I WAS UP LATE AND ITS ALL UPSIDE DOWN)


GOLF IS HARD.

Yesterday was a blast. Its nerve wracking. You want to do so well. You care about your partner (in my case, a good friend). You are playing a better ball stroke play format (that means that on each hole we have to post a score ~ either my score or my partners score. We hope to par every hole, either outright or with our handicap. They keep a Gross (actual) score and a Net (with handicap) score. I think that we were something like 80 gross and 64 net. (Par is 70). I posted a 95 and played well, we ham and egged it pretty well. We will be seeded based on that performance and then play a Chapman format (we each hit our tee shot, hit the OTHER persons tee shot, then pick one ball and play an alternate shot format in. This is commonly referred to as the "Divorce Format" when used in husband/wife tournaments. You say a lot of "I'm sorry"!!!!!! and then the other person yells at you because yes, we know, we are all so sorry. No Sorry's. Its understood that we are all doing our damn best. Wouldn't life be nice if it were the same way ~ it was just universally understood that we were all trying as hard as we could? I suppose that wouldn't work due the the crazy amount of people content to simply NOT do their best. Oh well.

We were under threat of heavy storms all morning and my hip was KILLING me. I was stretching/lunging/trying to relieve the pressure in the joint the entire round. Denise (my partner) and I always walk, so we walked, which helped, but man was it killing me. Today I monitor the kids in golf and get my hair did, and tomorrow afternoon we are back at it on the course. Tomorrow is the whole big lunch/golf/dress up/awards/dinner day, so it should be a lot of fun, especially as this stupid weather should be out of here and my dumb hip shouldn't be aching anymore.

Bookclub was here last night, so I'm eating leftover dessert chocolate and raspberries for breakfast. Why? Because I can. Because being a grown up is awesome.

I hope that you all do exactly what you want today. Enjoy being a grown up.

Comments

  1. Your pose looks amazing! But also? I was admiring your glowing skin. Whatever you are doing to take care of your body/mind/spirit...it's looking fantastic on you. Have a lovely day. Sounds like you are already off to a perfect start (yum). Here's to hoping your hip pain subsides and your golf bonanza is a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend. I go a month or so where the hip is great and then it completely sucks for a day or two. Blows :( and your compliments are too kind. Its good to get to actually see your face again on Facebook :) Marathoning quite becomes you, too. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts