My kind of Saturday


Breakfast at Nudy's is always a treat. Julia was away at a sleepover so we just had our handsome boys to keep us company. I love hearing their thoughts and the funny ways that their minds work. I have to admit I have a hard time relating to people who dislike children or look down on woman who want and love kids. Being a Mom- seeing these people develop- is an awesome gift and I treasure these days. Kids are cool. 
After a fun night sitting at a friends amazing house taking in their lakefront view, today is a rest day for me. That means a big family breakfast out, the bi-weekly pedicure (my feet take a beating between running, yoga, walking 18 holes in golf shoes twice a week etc) and some quiet time with my book. Tonight we have a party which includes the kids and I'm very much looking forward to it. I did "family yoga" with the kids today. It's critically important to me, especially as a new teacher, to get to as many classes as I can. I walk away with SOMETHING from each class, even if it's just a new way to say something or a single variation on a pose that I've never thought of. Seeing my kids love yoga brings me incredible joy. Sleeping in, eating well, and nourishing my body and soul with quiet time and some personal pampering is a luxury and I am grateful for it.

I'm really, really enjoying this whole dry brushing/massage/oil pulling routine i've instituted. I swear I feel like my skin is glowing and the massage feels great. I've also signed a contract for monthly massages- for the year- because this in an area where I easily forget to take care of my body. Signing up for the year forces me to prioritize massage as part of my overall wellness plan. My stress levels feel like they are at all time lows- I'm not sure if it's the teaching, the commitment to meditation, the self care, or simply the beauty of this summer of minimal commitments. I've been a bit bad about keeping up with some relationships- but there are only so many hours in the day and things will get back to normal and we will be able to see one another more when the kids start school again. I'm going to host a first day of school brunch for girlfriends - I think it will be a fun way to commemorate the end of a summer and the transition back to routine. 

Nate and I have chosen Portugal as our vacation spot this year! I'm the planner- so that's my new job- figuring out what to explore, which courses to play, which restaurants to try. And - of course - which yoga studios I can try! I teach tomorrow then have decided to take a 9 hole playing lesson with our head pro. My game is so close to where I want it to be but *something* is just so slightly off. I'm interested to get on the course with him and hear what he thinks. I teach again twice on Monday, and then am meeting with a company to work on website stuff. I think that I've found a way to barter yoga for web design so it appears that I can get my site up and running for free. 

The member/member is this week. This is a big deal. All of my workouts, meal plans etc will revolve around this. I want to do well. Following that I have 2 matches on the 19th and 22md for the match play championship and club championship- so I've turned down a lot of teaching opportunities to allow myself to really focus on golf for the next two weeks. 

That's it in a nutshell! I'm finishing up "plus one" and just ordered "light on life" by Iyengar so can't wait to dig into that. 

I hope you all are having a beautiful weekend with the ones you love! 


Comments

  1. we honeymooned in portugal (&southern spain) but that was 11 years ago so don't really have specific recs - plus we were poor-ish twentysomethings hostelling our way through :) But it was beautiful and we loved it, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time! Will it be just you & Nate or the whole family? How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be just us. We will do the two weeks at the beach later this summer and a week in Florida in Feb with the kids, so this one will be a golf/eat/tour trip for the two of us. So ironic but as I was writing this post from my pedicure place yesterday there was a couple next to me, I overheard them mention that they were flying out ~ last night ~ to Portugal, then southern Spain!!!!!Its been funny too Jenn in that I've been wearing the Keen sandals hiking a lot lately ~ the ones that I picked up on the cheap thanks to a link from you on FB well over a year ago from you that I got for Hawaii…….and I think that you were getting yours for Hawaii…..so we have a lot of travel juju going on right now :) Very excited as neither of us have been to Portugal before …………xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is too funny! and yes, those were my hawaii sandals, now used mostly on home gardening days :)

    I know you all have done some european travels before, but just in case you've not encountered this specific cultural difference...we were both fish eaters at the time we went and ordered shrimp dishes a few different times - learned that in that part of the world, shrimp is eaten shell and all. as in, ordered fried shrimp and under the batter was shrimp shell, then shrimp flesh. ordered shrimp frittatta....CRUNCH. those folks must have esophagi of steel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, and is it awkward to admit that I'm one of the strange people who likes to eat the shells :)? I fit right in over there

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts