Dance, Monkey.



Sending Nate (who is away) a hello selfie filling him in our days activities and the kids fundraising efforts, I said, Hello Self, nice pic. So, a new Facebook profile was born.  Putting up a new profile after not being on Facebook since Christmas means that you will get inbox messages from 98 people. This is GOOD thank you friends I love you! But in replying you will see all sorts of faecbook facebookness pop up in your right side column, and you will remember why you don't like Facebook. And, if you are me, you will suddenly be reading the comment section in an article that a friend commented in about making vaccinations mandatory to attend public school and you will FEEL your blood pressure going up. And you will be tempted to post a comment, because you are SO SMART and SO WELL VERSED on the subject and "woah did he really just call her a dusty cunt? Did that person really just write using "u r so fecking communist stupid"…..WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING" and then …………and then. Your kids come over to you giddy with their new towels and bracelets. …...

And you look up. And you realize that you were holding your breath. And you gasp a really really deep one. 

These two little people swam a total of 76 laps  to raise money for the Free to Breathe foundation in support of a friends brother who has a terminal diagnosis of lung cancer at just 32. A ton of money was raised by CVG swimmers and I'm still awed that these kids who could hardly swim a lap in March are swimming 1/2 a mile clips here in July. And THAT iswhen you remember one of your favorite new mantras:
 And you go back to the happy place inside you : the place you go when you meditate. For me that place is sometimes here:
It's sometimes here:

 or its sometimes here:

But its never, never, here:


Facebook. Its crazy. Crazy!

Its going to be a lovely day. The kids have a golf alternate shot scramble ~ they are in their first little foursome with friends (why, yes, I am dying with cute overload, thanks). I think that I'm staying as a parent volunteer, but I'm packing running clothes in case they don't need me and Jake and I will hit the chester valley trail for a loop. After that, swim practice, then we are going to spend the entire day at the pool as I had a break from teaching yesterday and today. (I needed it, 9 days in a row of teaching was too much.). Golf yesterday was a lot of fun ~ steamy hot, but fun, and there are a lot of big events/matches coming up next week. 

I got hired for my first intentional/paying private instruction ~ this is EXCITING to me! That is next week, as well. Jeannie and Henry are joining us at the pool this afternoon, and we plan to stay through lunch and until dinnertime. A long day of fun. 

Not my circus. 
Not my monkey.


Namaste. 


“Nothing external to you has any power over you.” 
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comments

Popular Posts