So, hey, why not say hello?

I lost today. It was a great match, I played well but she played better. She was a great opponent, we had a lot of fun (too much fun? I think that perhaps I got a little too chatty and out of my game a little bit.). I came out strong with a par on one (which is a really tough hole) but then things got weird as we had to wait a long time on 2 (behind a 4some, bad planning on our part, should have looked at the tee sheet), then played through them, rushing, and it just got rushy and off tempo through 2 and three, and I lost both holes. It went back and forth for a bit, I had a thrilling birdie on 5 (birdies are rare for me on this course as its so tough) and was really feeling it ~ but then lost 6. Anyway, without recapping the entire match, I lost on 17. I'm disappointed, but so thrilled to have gotten to the Semis, am excited that I'm in the quarterfinals of the Handicap Match Play Club Championship, and will keep on keeping on!  I'm trying to get out again on Saturday afternoon to sneak in one more round before vacation. I plan to play twice on vacation, which will be fun ~ I'm looking forward to playing a different course. I have posted 30 (THIRTY) rounds this season according to GHIN. That is CRAZY. That may well be more rounds than I have posted in the past 5 years due to pregnancy, nursing, and a broken hip. And its only JULY!

As soon as I was done all I wanted to do was RUN. I was a little bit sad and a little bit frustrated, and I just wanted to run it out of my system. I ran home to switch out Nate's car for Brooke's (these are the days that living three miles from the club is the best thing ever)……changed, threw lunch in a cooler for myself, and took off in her car. She had the kids at the pool. I hightailed it over to the CVT, and ran a fast 8 miles, replaying the match in my head. It was the full on heat of the day, being 1:00, but the trail is 90% shade and totally flat, so it felt great.

I've decided to start being more systematic in my approach to how I play golf, and am on the hunt for some sort of easy tracking system ~ I want to start tracking fairways hit, greens hit in regulation, putts, etc. I already count my putts/round, but then don't DO anything with the info. I think that if I could really start tracking this stuff, then input it into some sort of spreadsheet, it would really help me identify exactly where I am making my mistakes and then target my practice to those areas. There has to be some sort of software or ap or something like that out there.

I hit the Nordstrom Anniversary sale hard today. I was in desperate need of some rain boots, and had been holding off on Hunters for all of these years, but the new tall Moto boots are cool, and on a great sale, so I bit. Between those and my big fuzzy topped Sorels I'm probably set for about every day of my life this fall and winter. Yoga pants and boots? Check. For evenings I had been needing a new pair of tall black boots for about two seasons now, and I finally found some. I found a great pair of workout pants, I keep hearing good things about the Zella brand of leggings and I scored a great deal on the "Move it" pant. I'm loving the "Be Present" cotton yoga pants that I got on massive clearance thanks to Jenn recently, and I'm finding something wonderful and natural and great about practicing in natural fibers. Is that strange? It just feels right. I find myself increasingly seeking out loose, more drapey pants rather than leggings. Hm. After living through a full winter with feathers leaking out of a hole in my beat up down jacket I also found a cute puffy down jacket for winter. I'm hoping that its warm enough to get me through the winter. I'm happy, it took minutes, and no store! Have I mentioned that I don't enjoy shopping? I have a gift card from my birthday and a crazy amount of gap rewards that I'm hoarding to stock up on new Athleta stuff but I'm waiting till fall. I'm teaching a class at both of our local Athleta's ~ one in September and one in October, and I'm making myself hold off on getting new teaching clothes until then. I figure once I get the kids some school clothes I will have a ton more rewards money so a full refresh should be free. Have I mentioned how much I love my Gap Card?

So I have some new readers. Toledo Ohio? Fort Worth Texas, you've been reading forever and daily, who are you? And Grand Rapids, you kill me! Its been years now, and I still don't know who you are? Newtown Square Pa, Pittsburgh, PA! Charleston SC, Elmhurst IL. Gatineau, Quebec! Folsom, Louisiana! There are a lot of new readers, and this is in no way a call out, I'd just love to "meet" you. You know a lot about me, and I'd love to know…..do you practice yoga? Are you a teacher? Do you golf? A runner maybe? A Mom?

Anyway. Don't be shy. I'd love to hear from you ~ whether you read because you love or hate my blog, its cool, but I admit that I'm curious about who you are and how you got here! Throw me a bone?

Cheers all. We are having the laziest day ever at the pool, Sweet Jake has been passed out cold here by my side for 2 hours now and I dozed off myself for about an hour. The benefit of having capable swimmers and multiple, real, attentive lifeguards (vs the danger that was the ACAC pool) is so nice. My job is very easy here. Matt is coming into town tonight so I think that we are planning dinner out, the boys are playing golf in the morning. I teach at 9:30 and will either get up for 6 am yoga or else do the 8:30 crossfit class. I'm not sure why I keep torturing myself with that when I don't like it…..other than that its so damn convenient as the kids can go to a kids crossfit class while I work out, then I teach right there at the studio. Efficient.

So, please? Say hi? I don't bite. And I'd truly love to get to know you.


Comments

  1. :-) shoot, just left a comment and it disappeared - this is Kris from FW - busted. I started following your running blog (followed you from pgorg) - I am an old school runner (from before it was trendy), but haven't run in years - I loved it and miss it, but it is so disappointing how hard it is now when it never used to be...yes, excuses. Anyway, I have a few blogs I follow - don't really comment, but I find that I agree with a lot of your views (from the debate boards) and am impressed with your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *waves*

    Bummer on your match, but it sounds like you have some good takeaways from the experience. A good run always helps me process and clear out as well.

    Do people use the Garmins for golf in real life? I see them all the time if I look up anything on the Garmin website, but have no idea what else they help you track other than course position. Maybe it's not kosher to use something like that in your tournament play? Like a calculator on a math test? :) Anyway, seems like they track lots of stats, so maybe something like that would help with your practice round data. (Forgive me. I know I sound like a total golf doofus. Because I am!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris! Mystery solved! I'm so happy to know its actually someone who I "know" :). I hope that your kids are all doing well and I've missed interacting with you! Thank you so much for the kind words and I'm honored to know that you are reading along. NOT excuses, simply changes, right? Its okay to no longer love something that you loved ~ I can never love running again (in the same way) as it always has a touch of fear attached to it for me, so I get it.

    Karly, people do have Garmin golf watches. My Mom has one. I wonder if they would track those sort of stats…….I found a notebook thing on Amazon last night and ordered it, I find that anything electronic is a distraction for me (like phones) so I wanted something more organic ~ I can now jot down the stats of each hole quickly when I put down my score then later enter them into an online calculator I found. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you didn't wind up winning the golf match (I hope I'm saying that correctly), but it sounds like you probably had a tough opponent and quite a few distractions. Hopefully running afterward was a good way to clear your head. Running is pretty much always my solution when I just want to think or get something out of head too.

    Also, sorry it's taken a couple of days for me to get back to you, but I couldn't find your email on this blog or your profile (I'm probably just being an idiot) but if you could tell me where to look I'll shoot you an email with my password.

    ReplyDelete
  5. its lifewithluke@gmail.com Thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Glad to run into you guys! Then I realized I didn't ask about the golf match... So I had to login to find out. And I am sorry I never comment I usually have just enough time to read before mini prell wants me again! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Melis!! Toledo is me--at least for a little while :) We're moving to Chicago in October.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandi!!! Hi friend! Good to see you and congrats on your handsome fellow! Chicago is exciting! Happy to see you here :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently found your blog again after reading in the past. I enjoy your perspective on life, parenting and healthy living. I also read Becca's blog occasionally and have made several of her recipes :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts