Breaking up is hard to do.


The girl kid at her golf lesson yesterday. She won it at the swim team banquet. They have their big end of season golf tournament and awards banquet on Labor Day. 

Well, I officially did it today. I pulled the plug on ACAC. After 7.5 years of being a member there, as of September 1 we are no longer part of the cult. It was HARD! Dance party! Barre! My nighttime yoga where I can have the kids in kids zone when Nate is out of town…..but, it just isn't logician for me to have 4 gym memberships….three of which are free, and one which sets us back $250 every month. Its been a good run, dear friend, but all good things must come to an end. The funny thing was, that as I quit, they asked me why I wasn't interested in teaching there. The answer, of course, was that I hadn't been ready. I know EVERYONE there. I was too self conscious as a brand new teacher. Now, I'm hardly a wise, seasoned veteran old pro, but I at least have a bit of teaching experience and confidence behind me at this point. Now? Now I may feel ready to teach there. So, I'm considering it. Ironically, of course, with teaching there would come a free membership. See how non attachment works? I agree to let go of something and it comes right back to me :)

We had a FABULOUS night last night at Talulas. So much fun celebrating my dearest friend. Baby B will be making his or her (I'm on team her, I think. I'm having a really hard time deciding with this baby!) way earth side sometime within the next 3-4 weeks and I cannot wait to meet this new love bug. The food was delicious, I had the mushrooms as an appetizer and the pork belly entree…..so rich and good, if a little too salty. Loved it though, and recommend it to anyone in the area.

Today was a good cardio and strength combo workout on my own as I started re-reading 100 Years of Solitude, one of my favorite books. I haven't read it in years and years, but its this months book club pick. If you haven't read it, you must! It was a good workout and just what I needed after a late night due to being downtown and carpooling etc. After that we headed back to the golf course, it was fun practicing with the kids yesterday and I have a quarterfinal match coming up on Friday morning in the club match play handicap championship. I haven't played all that much lately so I feel out of touch with my game! I'm feeling pulled in too many directions between yoga and the house and the kids and golf and and and……you get it. Fall. Falling.

Tomorrow night we are entertaining friends and I'm going to make the delicious Sauteed Shrimp and Summer Veggie dish that my friend Alison made for book club a few weeks ago. It was so good that I've been thinking of it since I had it! I will put the recipe up for you tomorrow. I'm thinking about serving it over zucchini noodles as my spirulizer showed up! No time now as I'm off to teach at Inspired……..tonight is going to be all about opening up the shoulders and lower back as (selfishly) mine are killing me after a kettle bell circuit on the BOSU ball this morning! :) I've decided to approach a few more crossfit studios next week about teaching…………why not make it a niche? I know their bodies and their issues, and there is no shortage of crossfit gyms in my area. Why not, eh? I figure that since I personally will never ever do crissfit, and I really think that crossfit is super hard on bodies, I may as well help out those poor bodies with some yoga, right?

Namaste, people. Hope your Wednesday is peaceful and filled with some end of summer smiles.

Comments

Popular Posts