SUP?

So this is next on tap!  So excited! Has anyone ever done this?

Today I got in a short run with Nate and an amazing yoga class with Judy Heany at Balance. The focus of the class was hip opening. The image of the lotus flower was continually referred to, starting with lotus mudra and continuing on from there. The lotus flower has always been near and dear to my heart, as the tattoo that I designed on my back prominently features a lotus flower. As I moved through the class I felt completely entranced and centered ~ towards the end I noticed the Judy had a list with the sequence printed out and was occasionally referring to it. At the end of class I asked her if it would be possible for me to get a copy of the sequence as I so struggled with tight hips due to my injury. She happily handed over the entire class sequence, saying that she herself had taken it from another instructor! Major score! I can't wait to start practicing the sequence and ultimately introduce it to my students a few times. I loved, loved it. It was powerful, and tying in the imagery was perfect.

FINALLY the rain stopped and we went up to the beach.

 The woody. This wagon has been a godsend over the past few years. Now that I sold the BOB the Woody is the only tool other than backpacks and arms in getting our gear up to the beach. Cape May is unusual in that they have wooden boxes on the beach that you can rent for the season. You padlock your box and you can store your chairs and umbrellas in them. This is HUGE! We pack the Woody with the toys, sports equipment, towels, food, boogie boards, etc etc, and simply walk up to the beach. Unlocking the box we then set up our spot without a ton of work. We've got the system down to a science at this point.
 Today we brought corn hole up to the beach. Another perennial favorite, all of us are hooked on this game. The boys are sick good at this, beating me frequently. I look at them and just can't help but to think about all of the games, all of the years of this that they have ahead of them. I love seeing them be teammates, best friends, brothers. They have no idea how lucky they are.
The nap. Jake and I got to pass out for about 90 minutes this afternoon under the shade of the umbrella. Jake is my napping buddy as I seem to get drugged like tired every afternoon.

Tomorrow I'm getting up early for a long run. Luke and Nate are going out fishing with my Dad and Frank. My Mom and I are taking Jules for pedicures, then I'm off to the spa for the afternoon. Tuesday I'm going to give this SUP thing a go ~ and I talked Nate into coming! I'm excited! If we enjoy it we are may borrow a friends paddle board again on Thursday and Friday mornings. I had this weird urge to start an ashtanga practice today. I have no idea why ~ Ashtanga has never appealed to me before. Too ridged, too predictable, too much of the same thing every day. However, something about the discipline of the practice suddenly appealed to me as I thought about it while lolling about on the beach today. I would love to study with Allison Donnely but desperately wish that her studio was closer to me. I have been meditating on finding my path for September….be it to study with Sue or someone else….be it a formal program, an internship, formal study with someone else,  daily classes somewhere, or taking classes all over the place. I can't wait to see the answer unveil itself to me. I trust fully that it will. I believe.

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! I want that nap. :) Good luck with the September decisions. It seems like you have so many good paths/options.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts