A win.

     My first match play win! Match play is incredibly, totally consuming, mentally challenging, emotionally draining, and difficult. I was giving up 8 strokes to my opponent, and I came out strong, with a bogie bogie on two of the hardest holes on the course……she did as well, but she was stroked on those holes, so she won them. Its so hard to know you played well, and to immediately be two holes down due to giving up strokes due to handicap! I rallied, we went back and forth, and I closed her out on 17. I admit, I'm thrilled to advance to the next round. It isn't easy!

     From walking 18 hot holes to being a timer at the kids home meet vs. WCC and I am completely drained. I have to pack the kids up for their first morning of Junior Golf, then straight to swim practice (luckily all at the same place), where Brooke is meeting us so that I can scoot off to meet my Mom for the luncheon before the Member/Guest. Lunch at 11:30, shotgun start at 1, and dinner afterwards, its going to be a super long day. I feel like I'm coordinating a weekend, not a single day.

     I admit to Om'ing my way around the course (not kidding, out loud, as I walked). There is an unbelievable amount of zen required to keep ones wits about oneself on the course. Match play means that each hole is its own game ~ you literally have to put the last hole behind you and move on. Talk about being present, match play embodies it perfectly. If you dwell on your mistakes or beat yourself up you will lose, its a guarantee. The really fun thing is that I shot my season low today, a 91, which carries me into tomorrow with confidence. I'm so looking forward to spending the day with my Mom and my friend Trish (our club champion) and her guest, and hope to play well. I'm falling into bed like the walking dead, but with a big smile of gratitude on my face. The weather looks iffy so I'm hoping against hope that the storms stay away, and here we go!

     Another day to practice living in the moment. Another gift of playing a game that I love, of being outside, of being with my amazing Mom and other women who love the game. I feel very lucky.

Namaste, friends, namaste.

Comments

Popular Posts