Race Pace.


 “Being still does not mean don't move. It means move in peace.” 

I needed these words today. My day demanded ceaseless, relentless movement. From the bus stop to power vinyasa flow class to the farmers market and CSA pick up to racing into teaching my Gentle yoga class ~ off to cook dinner to pack to get Luke picked up, swim team, eat quickly at the club and off to Baseball where we sat in, well, a downpour from 6-8 pm. ANNOYING end of year party planning online for Lukes class (this is akin to gnawing on my own fingers….isn't 10 weeks of summer vacation party enough? I mean, jeez. Stupid. )….and there was no stillness. I had that breathless, forgetting all the things, avoiding phone calls, wincing every time I heard a  text alert or an email come in. Stretched too thin. 

But I can find stillness within me in the midst of movement, I know I can. Today? I didn't do a great job of it. Tomorrow, perhaps I will do better. Karly, like you I meditate in motion much better than in stillness. It's why running was, like with you, my mediation. I found that same release and freedom in swimming. I haven't gotten in to the pool….I keep blaming the weather, but that water is finally starting to warm a bit and hopefully it will happen soon. I led my students through a balance posture that is a bit like a walking meditation today, and it reminded me how much I LOVE walking meditation. If you've never tried one I recommend giving it a shot. You may be surprised. Tomorrows yoga practice with the kids is going to involve their first go at a walking meditation. I'll let you know how it goes. 

Comments

  1. Oh, I love the idea of walking meditation. I just feel like my mind is always in a million directions. I can't even just sit and watch TV without doing something else. I have been this way as long as I can remember and used to feel it was something I should work on, but at this point, I have grown to accept that it's just my brain. Thank you for sharing the walking meditation. I never would have though to set out on a stroll with that intention, but it sounds perfect. Hope today is less demanding of your time, Melis. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts