Summer Weekends. Is there anything better?

 Friday night 9 and dine. We played with Trish and Dave and it was perfect. I think that I've decided to go ahead and say yes to this opportunity to be a representative of their nutrition company. Life is short, yes? 
 I had to have the kids at the pool at 7:45 on Saturday for their swim meet. Nate had an 8 am tee (Friday we play together, Saturday morning is his time to golf, Sunday afternoon my time or our time). I really wanted to get in a workout before that, so I was at the gym at 5:30. Never having been up at 5:30 on a Saturday before, I had no idea that the gym didn't open till 7 on Saturdays. Annoying! So, I snapped a photo of the beautiful sunrise and headed to EG park, where I ran 5 and did a Spartan workout. The world is my playground, and if you have a playground you have an opportunity for an awesome workout. Pullups, single leg jump ups, box jumps, hanging ab work, tricep dips, jumping jacks, burpees, etc etc etc. It was great and I pulled into the house at 7 just as Nate was ready to leave.

 Luke has taken 20 seconds off of his freestyle time in the past 2 weeks and he placed in the first heat for the first time yesterday. Big day!
 Julia won her first race! She was so excited and proud of her ribbon. She won it in backstroke :)
 After the meet I took the three kids over to the driving range. There really isn't much cuter than a little girl in golf gear. I can't believe how well they are hitting the ball. I have video, but I will spare you that. I'm a proud Mama. They have their first scramble this Wednesday, which I realized will mean that they miss my yoga class, which bummed me out. They spent yesterday afternoon helping me come up with some fun ideas for the class, and now they can't take it. Oh well, there will be other weeks.
It was HOT on the range and by the time they were done they were sweaty little creatures. We were all ready to meet Nate at the pool and spend the afternoon in the water. It was a perfect day capped with a delicious salmon and steak salad at home. We all passed out early and hard after being in the pool from 8 am till 5 pm.

Today I taught at the Y at 8, my usual vinyasa flow class……but this week I had TWENTY TWO people! So thrilled! 7 people came from the Thursday class that I had subbed! Ran straight from there to Proven, we've changed the time of my class from 11:30 to 9:45….and today numbers were way up to 10 people, so it was the right move. Only downside is that its now only a 45 minute class, but its so much better for me this way, the lull between classes was annoying. I'm playing golf with Jen and Becky at 1:20 then we are eating at the Pavillion with the Kilfoys. Its been a great weekend all around.


This week is looking like it may be scary busy. I teach twice Monday, play 18 on Tuesday with Denise and Sydney , teach 4 times on Wed, twice on Thursday, Friday morning then have the 4th of July tournament (we play with Rick and Mimi) and then teach on Saturday (90 minutes!) and Sunday (twice) mornings.  Somewhere in all of that I need to fit in my own practice. The kids have a meet Tuesday night, and practice every day, as well, and a Jr. Golf scramble on Wednesday. So, busy. Good busy.

I'm trying to not get ahead of myself. All of the sudden I feel like I have all of these doors opening…..all of these opportunities presenting themselves to me. I feel like this summer is a testing ground, a time for playing with figuring out what it is that I want. I know that come fall I will have so much time on my hands, with kids in school 4 days a week. So much is going to be different, and I have a lot of options for how I want to fill that time.  Do I want to branch out my teaching? Or do I want to study more? How serious am I about someday opening a studio? How much time am I going to devote to this nutrition thing? Am I still enjoying my work with the food cupboard or is it time to find a new organization to work with? (I think that it is). Lots of questions. I always feel like July 4 starts the roll towards fall, which is crazy, but true. Our time in Cape May is going to be true vacation this year ~ no broken hip, no non vacation for Nate because we had just been in Hawaii like last year. This year we are going to SLOW it down and really enjoy our weeks together at the beach. Right now I am excited to teach so much this week, I find myself really excited about each class, each student, each unique class. I get to teach kids for the first time. I get to teach poolside for the first time. I get to teach my first 90 minute class this week. Lots of firsts!

As always, looking for new great yoga music. Anyone have anything they can't stop listening to at the moment?

Happy Sunday Funday, all!

Comments

  1. I have had a track from Krishna Das' new(ish) album in heavy rotation...it's a longer one, starts out pretty slow & sparse, but builds to an incredible emotional crescendo where he weaves in - wait for it - the chorus from Foreigner's I Wanna Know What Love Is. Sounds crazy but when it happens it's beautiful...like a love song to God and Guru. I like to put it in when we'll be settling into pigeon/deeper longer holds. Anyway, it's from the Kirtan Wallah album and called Sri Argala Stotram/Show Me Love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been playing him in almost constant rotation lately, I can't get enough!!! I don't have that CD but will be downloading it tonight! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your dedication to get a workout in regardless of circumstances. I would have gone for a run, but haven't found your motivation to do something like your park workout. Love it.

    I had a friend tell me a few years ago that summer was basically downhill after the Fourth of July. I looked at her like she was nuts because the rest of the summer seemed endless as a kid...Dog days of August and all that. But now? I feel like she's right. It flies by after this point. Well, I guess it all flies by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts