The blessing.

Its Thursday. I just got a new job at a new yoga studio. (Monday nights at 5:30 for now, at a minimum, Friday mornings at 9:30 once school starts again, and we are figuring out what else….subbing opportunities as well). I am really excited about that. 



I'm getting back into the pool today.  As I've been meditating (my face off) or running or practicing yoga this week my story has been shining very vividly before my face. I'm only 39 but sometimes I feel like I've managed to cram several lifetimes into those years. I can look back over my own life and feel as though I see reincarnations of the same person, in the same lifetime. I don't know if its amazing or if its creepy. But I do know that it is what it is. 

I'm off to swim laps. To meditate on that long black line. To breathe in and out with gratitude. Tomorrow I'm celebrating the summer solstice (a little early?) with 108 sun salutations at 5:30 am with a host of friends at sunrise. A beautiful way to celebrate the longest day of the year, the brightest day of the year….and, incredibly, the return of the darkness as each day thereafter gets a tiny bit darker. You can't have all light without darkness, and you can't appreciate light without knowing some darkness. So, we celebrate what we have and use what we are given at any given time. 

Here's to initiative. Here's to making changes. Here's to courage, to light. 

Namaste. 


Comments

  1. Much love to you, friend. Om om.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you this week. You don't owe any explanations here. Wishing you bravery, kindness and peace. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts