Sadhana






This. This weeks goal. A week from today is my birthday. My Sadhana? A 30 minute meditation practice every morning at 5 am. A reflection and gratitude journaling each night. A blessing sent to someone who needs it each day.

Yesterday was lovely ~ instead of the hardcore workout I had planned I ran into a friend at the gym and we decided to dance party together ~ a class that was very much more zumba-ish (i'm so sad sorry at it ~ but I've so gotten over myself and just have fun)…….and a good cafe sit down talk session. Luke's photo day, his game ~ my Mom met us there, and as my Dad was out of town I asked her if she wanted to play 9 with me. She was free and it was perfect! It was a lovely day and we quickly got in 9 from 4:30-6:30 while Nate and the kids played at the pool. We joined them there, still fully intending to come home and cook for our friends…..but it was just so nice…..that we ended up inviting our friends to join us for dinner at the club and ate out…. again.  Yeesh. When you are laying around in the sun and the delicious smells from the Pavilion restaurant are wafting over to you, well, its so hard to motivate. So summer, so lazy.

Today I was up early to teach at 8, it was a really good group, then I snuck in a quick run. One thing that people always confuse is that a yoga teacher gets to practice a lot if she teaches a lot ~ I don't practice at all when I'm teaching vinyasa flow…..I'm standing, watching, assisting, etc….not practicing. My run was short and sweet, then I was off to teach my gentle yoga class at Proven.  Two students requested leg work, so we specifically focused on that, and did some strap work and some wall yoga, it was nice. That class I do actually do with them, so it was great following my little run.

Straight from there to some lunch then to the pool……and it was an awesome sunny long afternoon there. We met some really nice new people and I did a lot of reading (so enthralled with my new book….review to come) and headed out at about 5 to cook up a huge feast of chicken, sausage, zucchini and tomatoes, long hots, arugula and avocado salad and the red quinoa salad. Tomorrow is a big day with breakfast with a friend from yoga school, Jakes "water day", Julia's kindy graduation, teaching at 6 am and again at 12:30……and thankfully there is no swim practice due to some event.

We are thinking about dropping our ACAC membership to take advantage of my Y membership. ACAC is over $200/month, all in. My Y membership is free, and I think that for my family it would be $43. Hmm. Thing is, I love the things that I love there ~ My certain classes. I know I can find alternatives, but after 7 years at ACAC it just feels hard to imagine life without the place. Its been a huge part of our families life. But…….I'm self motivated and I can do what I do wherever….so? I mean, its just business at some point? A change of scenery is always good, right? The biggest things for me are dance party and yoga….especially with summer here. It may be worth waiting till September to do anything so that I have more freedom to practice yoga with Sue as childcare won't be an issue.

I have tried to have a daily meditation practice  many times. Never have succeeded for the long haul. I think that 7 days is something that I can manage. 4:30 wake up. 5 am meditation. Go from there.

Do you meditate?

Comments

  1. My advanced studies (500hr) program was the first time I've had a sustained daily meditation practice....for 9+ months it was at least 2x daily, sometimes 3. Since then I've had more and less consistent periods of 1x daily sitting. Everything is better when it happens! Lately I'm coming to the conclusion that yes, sitting for at least 15-20 mins every morning is good - developing the discipline, just starting somewhere...but I need to bump it up to 30-45mins; even that early it takes about 15 mins for the mind to start to settle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so impressive to me. Thank you for inspiring me. I need to be more disciplined as I know, KNOW that it is so good for me and Ive seen and felt the benefits…..I just lack discipline in this area. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are challenging yourself to meditate. My running is my meditation time since I stopped running with music a few years ago. I feel like my body needs to be doing something in order to let my mind wander and work through things. I'm sure that's just because I haven't actively practiced meditation though. I feel some fear that it would work me up if I were to have a worry on my mind. Whereas when I run, the endorphin release helps counteract that anxiety. Does that make sense? Probably over thinking!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts